Letter to Brian Grazer

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#21 Post by golfmobile »

I'm sorry to report that -- Brian Grazer did not even receive, much less read, our suggestions.

The letter was "returned to sender" and I got it back unopened today, with the notation "Unable to Accept -- Attempted - Not Known -- Unable to Forward."

So I don't know if this was a false address for him or what. And you may recall the email I sent got bounced back too, and now the "hard copy" letter came back.

We are voices crying in the wilderness with no one to hear us . . . .

I had sent an email to Larry Manetti with a short synopsis, but he replied,"I'm sorry but I can't take any script ideas as Universal has all right to it. I appreciate the thought."

:(

Disappointedly,

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Icepick
Admiral

#22 Post by Icepick »

Damn, this sucks! Good on ya for the effort though.

I wonder if Larry can get the address information for us. Or perhaps would he even give us any information for contacts. Surely this wouldn't be against any rules on his part. He must know somebody.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

Carmen
MPI

#23 Post by Carmen »

:cry: :(
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#24 Post by JonnyDaytona »

Well on the upnote, I still think it's great that LM took the time to reply to your email. 8)
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Steve »

Like I said before...he is a spiked headed wiener. What grown man put so much effort into making his hair look so bad!!! Tells me a lot about what his personailty is like..........

Steve
Chicago

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#26 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Like I said before...he is a spiked headed wiener. What grown man put so much effort into making his hair look so bad!!! Tells me a lot about what his personailty is like..........

Steve
Chicago
Tell me about it . . . the dude looks like Guiseppe Franco.

Sorry . . . his commercials are on what seems like every 10 minutes during Mets games. That's the ONLY reason why I'd know a Hollywood hairstylist.

Really . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by 308GTS »

Steve wrote:Like I said before...he is a spiked headed wiener. What grown man put so much effort into making his hair look so bad!!! Tells me a lot about what his personailty is like..........

Steve
Chicago
That's funny Steve, the spiked look has got more and more severe over the years too. Much like he's been plugged into the mains! Isn't he the head of Imagine Entertainment and a long time buddy of Ron Howard?
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Kana
Ensign

Movie cast/plot

#28 Post by Kana »

(reposted from another thread)
If the original cast wasn't used, then the whole premise of the Magnum character would have to change! He would have to be a vet of Desert Storm instead of 'Nam. Kinda hard to have someone who's only 43 be a "Nam vet. Then of course the tropical setting of Hawaii wouldn't make any sense for the military flashbacks, etc.
Now here is the plot twist that I would like to see. Magnum's daughter is now a cop and is accused in a criminal matter (murder?) and Magnum and the team get together to investigate and clear her. It could even be the old arch nemesis Kwan Ki who has set her up! How many of you would like to see THAT as a plot line??
Yes, the avatar is me standing outside Robin's Nest wearing my Magnum red parrot shirt!

the apprentice
Lieutenant Commander

#29 Post by the apprentice »

POWER IS IN NUMBERS!!! lets get together as a fan base and flood the email ,of who we need to make this happen..whos with me?
magnum, i do say

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#30 Post by Agatha »

I've been wondering about using one of those petition sites. But there was a link to a petition here somewhere...and I went there...scrolled through THOUSANDS of names! Have no idea how that info gets to who needs to have it...or who needs to have it.

I don't know. I just don't know.

:?
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Steve »

I like to think positive in that there is no movie yet, just a supposed script by Rawson Marshall Thurber that may or may not be finished and the project date keeps getting pushed back so, perhaps (or hopefully) the cries of the fans are being heard...........

brunoffrance
Captain

TS as magnum or nothing.

#32 Post by brunoffrance »

Hi the community,

i agree with your position about TS and the project of Magnum movie... All the movies from TV series without the same actors are disastrous and incredible. i understand that actors became older, retired and , may be, are a bit fed up to play the serie... So, instead of making a copy of a serie with new actor , i prefer no viewing the movie and keeping the good serie souvenirs ! i don't want a today movie about the 80's Magnum PI with our older famous actors but only as they really appeared as in "Las Vegas" , together again with their past and happy to play in memory what they did with a great new story or business. The only condition to pay a ticket for the movie is that Magnum is TS ( and why not the complete trio ) or nothing !

here my view.

bruno.
Very american 4 a french...