Does the Reboot Cancellation help movie odds?

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

CustersGhost
Ensign

Does the Reboot Cancellation help movie odds?

#1 Post by CustersGhost »

what are your opinions about the possibility of a movie franchise moving forward now that the reboot got the axe? Do you think it’s more likely or less likely?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does the Reboot Cancellation help movie odds?

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

CustersGhost wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:06 pm what are your opinions about the possibility of a movie franchise moving forward now that the reboot got the axe? Do you think it’s more likely or less likely?
Hi Custers Ghost,
I wouldn't be too sure that the reboot is dead and buried. 20 more episodes and the reboot reaches 100 episodes, the traditional amount needed for rerun success.
It could go to another network, on a leaner budget it might make for a cost effective move for all involved.
Like Dracula, it could arise from the grave to haunt many here once again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sound of wolves howling.
Dracula - "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Dracula (1931)
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

CustersGhost wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:06 pm what are your opinions about the possibility of a movie franchise moving forward now that the reboot got the axe? Do you think it’s more likely or less likely?
Not a chance. TC is 84.

However, they should still do a Lily Magnum series.

Let a couple years pass (hope they're all still alive) and have Magnum do the cheesy wake up from a dream thing (dismissing MiniMag) in the first episode.

TM, T.C., and Rick can be in the pilot. Lily takes over and TM pops up every once in a while, if not in person, on Zoom from Virginia.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

NotthatRick
Admiral

#4 Post by NotthatRick »

T.Q. wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:00 pm
Not a chance. TC is 84.

However, they should still do a Lily Magnum series.

Let a couple years pass (hope they're all still alive) and have Magnum do the cheesy wake up from a dream thing (dismissing MiniMag) in the first episode.

TM, T.C., and Rick can be in the pilot. Lily takes over and TM pops up every once in a while, if not in person, on Zoom from Virginia.
Now that is a series that I would be happy to watch.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Like Dracula, it could arise from the grave to haunt many here once again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sound of wolves howling.
Dracula - "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Dracula (1931)

He's backkkk and walking the streets of Honolulu -

Magnum P.I.' Saved After CBS Cancellation by Fellow Network

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Laohu »

Jay wants to do a movie to wrap things up but with the state of network TV shows I would not bet on it happening but I think there is better odds in seeing that then a lily Magnum show that Tom Selleck has already said no to .