Jesse Stone Thin Ice?

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eeyore
Admiral

Jesse Stone Thin Ice?

#1 Post by eeyore »

This was supposed to air in May and I still haven't seen any updates.

Anyone here have any info?

It's been in the can since last Fall, hasn't it?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I haven't heard anything, but I know IMDB usually has pretty good info. You can check there and see if they have any updates.

maggiepoole
Captain

#3 Post by maggiepoole »

Q: Do you have any up-to-date information on the TV showing of the latest Jesse Stone movie with Tom Selleck? I had read that it would be shown in April, then in May, but it is either delayed again or I've missed it. I haven't been able to find any new programming news online. Thanks for any help you can give.

A: You're not the only one wondering about Jesse Stone: Thin Ice, the fifth movie starring Selleck as Stone, and based on the novels by Robert B. Parker. It's done, but CBS has not scheduled it yet. The scheduling havoc wreaked by the writers strike may have been a factor in its delay. Thin Ice will probably show up in the 2008-2009 season. If you need a taste of Stone, the four previous movies have been released on DVD.
http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/19344609.html

Uggggg! :x We need it now!
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Carmen
MPI

#4 Post by Carmen »

Don`t complain - we only have Night Passage, Stone Cold and Death in Paradise so far on DVD in Germany :cry:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

eeyore
Admiral

#5 Post by eeyore »

I read Robert Parker's blog this week and he alluded to the movie being out later this year. Wonder why the delay? Not sure I understand how the writers' strike might affect something already "in the can".

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

eeyore wrote:
Not sure I understand how the writers' strike might affect something already "in the can".

Rewriting and "tweaking" of the script at a later date maybe?

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#7 Post by JonnyDaytona »

eeyore wrote:I read Robert Parker's blog this week and he alluded to the movie being out later this year. Wonder why the delay? Not sure I understand how the writers' strike might affect something already "in the can".
The strike most likely thew the whole schedule for a loop. Perhaps they were worried they wouldn't be able to make another in time for the fall; They might be saving it until then.
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'