Magnum's 2008 wardrobe and personal items

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#11 Post by JonnyDaytona »

That sounds good. As long as he doesn't wear black socks and sandals. The last thing we need is TM looking like a tourist or Luther Gillis!
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

Re: Magnum's 2008 wardrobe and personal items

#12 Post by tidal pool »

JonnyDaytona wrote:Oh no, the 308 for sure! He pulls it from the garage, where it has sat for a while....the tarp comes off and he just stares at the car, thoughtfully (a flood of memories coming into his head). He carefully gets inside and looks around the car for a second, a small smile on his face. He fires the car up, turns to the viewer, his smile becomes wide- eyebrows lift and he tears off!

His wardrobe was really maturing in the 7th and 8th seasons. I think he would be still wearing the Polo shirts and khaki pants. The Aviators are more in style now than they ever were, so they would stay. I imagine he'd be mostly cap-free. It would be amusing to see a scene with him pulling one of his old pairs of 'short' shorts and having a 'what the hell was I thinking' look on his face.
I just visualized this idea in my mind and it felt GREAT! :D
TS or NO MOVIE!

MagnumPI
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#13 Post by MagnumPI »

Rolex watch, MIA bracelet, team ring, Tigers Cap, lock-picking set, and of course ! his Colt 1911, and the Ferrari 308 for sure
P.I

Colt m1911
Rem 870

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by lutherhgillis »

JonnyDaytona wrote "That sounds good. As long as he doesn't wear black socks and sandals. The last thing we need is TM looking like a tourist or Luther Gillis!"

What exactly are you trying to say, Bub? I only wear the best that garbardine and polyester have to offer. An the panama hat is a must!

Luther H Gillis :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by lutherhgillis on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

What would horrify me would be if his swimsuit is what everyone wears today -- the huge baggy trunks that go down to the knees. Those are the most unflattering piece of apparel on any body shape. (Fortunately, I can still keep Larry in ones that are a nice cross between TM's really short ones and the bloomers every man wears these days. Frankly, I don't object to the short-short ones as a swimsuit. If a man doesn't have the body to get away with wearing the short-shorts, longer shorts don't make his body look any better . . . .IMO)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by MACattack »

Keep the Detroit Tigers hat, wear pants instead of the really short shorts
I just don't give a damn!

Alexander J Colvin Esq.
Lieutenant

#17 Post by Alexander J Colvin Esq. »

the answer to this question is... whatever Mr Selleck thinks he should wear. He will know what to do if he gets the chance. Fingers crossed