Magnum's 2008 wardrobe and personal items

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

Magnum's 2008 wardrobe and personal items

#1 Post by tidal pool »

If an original cast, 2-hour TV movie were to be made, what clothing and personal items would you like to see TM still wearing and using after 20 years and what would need to be changed or updated?

Also, would you want him driving the '84 308 GTS or a newer model?
TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think the shorts need to be longer, but his style of shirts, Hawaiian shirts, and t shirts are ok. He would probably need to go with a dress shirt that has colar. The VOM-2 and Tigers hats are ok, but the Al's hat and Navy Seal hat are somewhat dated.

I'm sure Robin Master would have the latest Ferrari available for him to drive. I could also see Magnum with a plasma tv and sattilite dish to enjoy his Tigers games.

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by tidal pool »

For me, I would want to see him still wearing his Rolex watch, MIA bracelet, team ring, Tigers Cap, and the same (now vintage) Hawaiian shirts.

I agree, shorts should be longer, but his wardrobe should continue to have military influence.
TS or NO MOVIE!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Magnum's 2008 wardrobe and personal items

#4 Post by IslandHopper »

tidal pool wrote:If an original cast, 2-hour TV movie were to be made, what clothing and personal items would you like to see TM still wearing and using after 20 years and what would need to be changed or updated?

Hey guys,

Just an idea, but you may want to check out "Your Movie Wish List" Thread under the "Movie Talk" category of this site. You'll find a lenghty discussion regarding your question.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#5 Post by tidal pool »

Heading there now. Thanks!

James, feel free to delete or move this thread.
TS or NO MOVIE!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

You know, I never got the baggy long shorts that we men have to wear now, I still wear mine too short (not as short as Magnum's) and tell my son all the time, it looks like he is wearing bloomers and they are going to drag him down in the water someday ..........LOL.......
Anyway, Hawaiian Shirts are a must (but perhaps not tucked in to hide a little middle aged ponch), as are basbeall caps and blue jeans. The mustache should still be there sans the goatee that TS has now, I like his wavy longer hair style better than his shorter combed to the front style he sports now and of course, there must be a red Ferrari, updated or not.

Steve
Chicago

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by tidal pool »

I could see today's Magnum in TEVA sandals. They definately fit his lifestyle.

TS or NO MOVIE!

foggydayz
Commander

#8 Post by foggydayz »

Yeah he'd probably have a new Ferrari, but the old 84 308 GTS would be in the garage and he would take it out for a killer scene.

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#9 Post by JonnyDaytona »

tidal pool wrote:If an original cast, 2-hour TV movie were to be made, what clothing and personal items would you like to see TM still wearing and using after 20 years and what would need to be changed or updated?

Oh no, the 308 for sure! He pulls it from the garage, where it has sat for a while....the tarp comes off and he just stares at the car, thoughtfully (a flood of memories coming into his head). He carefully gets inside and looks around the car for a second, a small smile on his face. He fires the car up, turns to the viewer, his smile becomes wide- eyebrows lift and he tears off!

His wardrobe was really maturing in the 7th and 8th seasons. I think he would be still wearing the Polo shirts and khaki pants. The Aviators are more in style now than they ever were, so they would stay. I imagine he'd be mostly cap-free. It would be amusing to see a scene with him pulling one of his old pairs of 'short' shorts and having a 'what the hell was I thinking' look on his face.
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

Jonny,

EXCELLENT!!!

But this time he actually fastens his seat belt. THAT's when he looks at the camera and does the smirk or the eyebrow wiggle.

(Wish I'd had THESE ideas for the letter to Brian Grazer!! Hey, if by any WILD stretch of the imagination he should ever contact me, these WILL be added!)

And I agree that the Hawaiian shirts aren't tucked into his waistband now. He, along with those of us his age, have "thickened" bit around that area! (But not so loose they look like the guayaberra shirts he wore while bowling in "Las Vegas" -- those made him look TOO "chunky"!)

And I agree the khaki shorts can be a tad longer, but NOT the bloomers teens wear these days. Just regular Bermuda shorts or cargo pants hitting about 4-5 inches above the knee. Would that be okay?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#11 Post by JonnyDaytona »

That sounds good. As long as he doesn't wear black socks and sandals. The last thing we need is TM looking like a tourist or Luther Gillis!
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#12 Post by tidal pool »

JonnyDaytona wrote:Oh no, the 308 for sure! He pulls it from the garage, where it has sat for a while....the tarp comes off and he just stares at the car, thoughtfully (a flood of memories coming into his head). He carefully gets inside and looks around the car for a second, a small smile on his face. He fires the car up, turns to the viewer, his smile becomes wide- eyebrows lift and he tears off!

His wardrobe was really maturing in the 7th and 8th seasons. I think he would be still wearing the Polo shirts and khaki pants. The Aviators are more in style now than they ever were, so they would stay. I imagine he'd be mostly cap-free. It would be amusing to see a scene with him pulling one of his old pairs of 'short' shorts and having a 'what the hell was I thinking' look on his face.
I just visualized this idea in my mind and it felt GREAT! :D
TS or NO MOVIE!

MagnumPI
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#13 Post by MagnumPI »

Rolex watch, MIA bracelet, team ring, Tigers Cap, lock-picking set, and of course ! his Colt 1911, and the Ferrari 308 for sure
P.I

Colt m1911
Rem 870

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by lutherhgillis »

JonnyDaytona wrote "That sounds good. As long as he doesn't wear black socks and sandals. The last thing we need is TM looking like a tourist or Luther Gillis!"

What exactly are you trying to say, Bub? I only wear the best that garbardine and polyester have to offer. An the panama hat is a must!

Luther H Gillis :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by lutherhgillis on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

What would horrify me would be if his swimsuit is what everyone wears today -- the huge baggy trunks that go down to the knees. Those are the most unflattering piece of apparel on any body shape. (Fortunately, I can still keep Larry in ones that are a nice cross between TM's really short ones and the bloomers every man wears these days. Frankly, I don't object to the short-short ones as a swimsuit. If a man doesn't have the body to get away with wearing the short-shorts, longer shorts don't make his body look any better . . . .IMO)

golf
"Portside, buddy."