POLL: Magnum, P.I. Motion Picture

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Will you go and see a Magnum, P.I. motion picture if it does not include the original cast in their original roles?

NO, never.
41%
MAYBE. It depends on who is cast as Magnum, Higgins, Rick and TC.
20%
MAYBE, if Tom Selleck and/or other original cast members appear in cameos.
16%
YES. I will go and see the Magnum, P.I. movie regardless of who is cast as Magnum, Higgins, Rick and TC.
23%

Total votes: 44

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by lutherhgillis »

No way! The MPI series was as much about the people who played the characters as about the characters. Without the people, there is no show.

I still think they should use the original actors and bring in the new action-oriented crowd as relatives of the original crew. They could create characters around Lily, Bryant, Rick and Cleo's kids, Higgins' nephews and nieces, and so on.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#32 Post by golfmobile »

Luther,

I agree with you -- that's why I suggested the folks from Las Vegas to play the kids -- they already have a little "history" with TS -- and I haven't seen any of them working anywhere else since (though I can do without the pregnant chick and the Sam character -- talk about annoying!!!) (Wait, I did see "Sam" -- Marci What's-Her-Name on a surfboard, I think, in a "come to California" commercial . . . . )

golf
"Portside, buddy."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by lutherhgillis »

Thanks for your kind words, Golf.

I feel like the opportunity for an MPI movie has come and gone. If they had done the movie in the late 90s with the original cast, it would have been a winner. To do the movie now with no originals would simply be an attempt to cash in on a big name from another time. It would be like Taylor Hicks from Americn Idol touring under the name Frank Sinatra. A very, very pale impersonation.

Best regards,

Luther