Latest Movie "News"

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Tanaka's Hat
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#51 Post by Tanaka's Hat »

McConaughey, great playing spaced out wierdo's (Dazed and Confused) not Magnum. At least this let's us know what route they are going down because I don't see it being too comedic, looks like it will be more serious in the Miami Vice mould and Magnum wandering round with his shirt off swapping a surf-ski for a surfboard - all kinds of wrong. If they were going for comedy (and I'm against the idea of the film anyway) I'd have gone for someone like the rumoured Vince Vaughan - a lot more laid back, but probably wouldn't suit the tache. If Chris Rock put on 150Lbs he'd be a half-decent TC.

tshoffie
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Latest Movie "News"

#52 Post by tshoffie »

James J. Walters wrote:Filmrot.com, IGN.com, Rotten Tomatoes and a few other sources are reporting that Rawson Marshall Thurber (director) has announced the major cast of the movie (link), (link), (link).

The source of the information comes from a Teletext UK article, which I can't find. It's not 100% official, but this looks like it could be it.

Ahem ....

Magnum - Matthew McConaughey
Higgins - William H. Macy (!)
Rick - Steve Zahn
T.C. - Tyrese Gibson

Whoa

:shock:

Im sorry i just cant buy anyone but Tom Selleck as Magnum and Hillerman as Higgins..the others i would prefer to be original cast members but probably could give new people a chance