Latest Movie "News"

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#46 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

[quote=" But if I had my "druthers", I'd druther see Mr. Selleck, Mr. Manetti, and Mr. Mosely reprise their roles in a story that picks up their lives in present times. JMHO! :D[/quote]

I'm with you on that, but it is too bad they will never give us what we want. I just know they are going to try and do something like Starsky and Hutch a few years back!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#47 Post by SelleckLover »

I'm afraid you're right NIKWYT...the thought of defiling the essence of the show with a "Starsky & Hutch" type treatment make me sick! :shock:

spencenator
Ensign

#48 Post by spencenator »

I want to see what Selleck has to say about it. He will not be happy with a Starsky & Hutch or Miami Vice farce. Universal should know that fans of Magnum are hardcore, conservative, and middle aged. Anything that doesn't do the original justice will be "Redacted"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#49 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

If I remember correctly I read or heard that Selleck would not be happy with a movie like Starsky and Hutch. He said Magnum was a very important part of his life and he would not want to trivialize it like that. I believe I read that from a TS interview, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#50 Post by Doc Ibold »

[quote="spencenator"] Universal should know that fans of Magnum are hardcore, conservative, and middle aged. [quote]

Um, wouldn't say THAT!

:lol:

Tanaka's Hat
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#51 Post by Tanaka's Hat »

McConaughey, great playing spaced out wierdo's (Dazed and Confused) not Magnum. At least this let's us know what route they are going down because I don't see it being too comedic, looks like it will be more serious in the Miami Vice mould and Magnum wandering round with his shirt off swapping a surf-ski for a surfboard - all kinds of wrong. If they were going for comedy (and I'm against the idea of the film anyway) I'd have gone for someone like the rumoured Vince Vaughan - a lot more laid back, but probably wouldn't suit the tache. If Chris Rock put on 150Lbs he'd be a half-decent TC.

tshoffie
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Latest Movie "News"

#52 Post by tshoffie »

James J. Walters wrote:Filmrot.com, IGN.com, Rotten Tomatoes and a few other sources are reporting that Rawson Marshall Thurber (director) has announced the major cast of the movie (link), (link), (link).

The source of the information comes from a Teletext UK article, which I can't find. It's not 100% official, but this looks like it could be it.

Ahem ....

Magnum - Matthew McConaughey
Higgins - William H. Macy (!)
Rick - Steve Zahn
T.C. - Tyrese Gibson

Whoa

:shock:

Im sorry i just cant buy anyone but Tom Selleck as Magnum and Hillerman as Higgins..the others i would prefer to be original cast members but probably could give new people a chance