Commander

#11 Post by HiHo »

"Pickled Egg, please..." :P
"I know what you're thinking..."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Your movie 'wish list'

#12 Post by IslandHopper »

Waltstasz wrote:Some comments on the 'who should play Magnum' thread got me thinking. What other things would you like to see in the movie that aren't plot related or maybe not even essential, but would still be cool to have? Here is my 'wish list':

Detroit hat
Fig Newtons with milk
Coops and/or Old Duesseldorf
Chili Dogs
Team Ring
The Eve Anderson estate (I'll be pissed if they don't use it for Robin's Nest)

What else?
1. Tom Selleck
2. John Hillerman
3. Larry Manetti
4. Roger E. Mosley
5. Jeff MacKay
6. Kathleen Lloyd
7. Jean Bruce Scott
8. Marta DuBois (they could bring her back and say they faked her death to fool foreign agents trying to kill her)
9. Kristen Carreira
10. Richard Narita
11. Patrice Martinez
12. Esmond Chung (recently appeared in "50 First Dates")
13. Shavar Ross
14. Annie Potts
15. Glenn Cannon
16. Joe Santos
17. Kwan Hi Lim
18. Lance LeGault
19. The rest of the major and minor recurring cast who are still acting.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

spencenator
Ensign

#13 Post by spencenator »

I heard an interview i think it was on THS about TS and he said he would like the movie to be sort of an update on what the charachters are doing now. I think that is a great idea. I also know that TS is loyal so i am sure that he would have the original cast or nothing at all.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by sophia »

One person I would not miss, Michelle.
Never liked her, thought she was a selfish, manipulative blank,blank.
She used and abused Thomas, he deserved so much more.

Apollo
Lieutenant

#15 Post by Apollo »

Sophia,

How??? She was thought dead and then protecting TM and Lily?

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by sophia »

Apollo wrote:Sophia,

Apollo,
What do you mean, protecting Thomas.
Everything she did was to protect herself and her position.
She didn't stay with her husband because she loved him, it was because she was a spy, correct.
She was a spy?
She worked both sides.
The only time she looked for Thomas was when she needed his help.
If she loved Thomas she would have left her husband after Vietnam.
IF she loved her husband she would never have been with Thomas and conceived Lilly.
If she cared about Thomas she would not have waited 5 or 6 years to let him know he had a daughter. The only reason he found that out was, yes she needed his help. I do think she loved her daughter, but she used and abused Thomas on so many levels.
I guess you now know, I didn't think too highly of her.

Apollo
Lieutenant

#17 Post by Apollo »

sophia wrote:
Apollo wrote:Sophia,

Apollo,
What do you mean, protecting Thomas.
Everything she did was to protect herself and her position.
She didn't stay with her husband because she loved him, it was because she was a spy, correct.
She was a spy?
She worked both sides.
The only time she looked for Thomas was when she needed his help.
If she loved Thomas she would have left her husband after Vietnam.
IF she loved her husband she would never have been with Thomas and conceived Lilly.
If she cared about Thomas she would not have waited 5 or 6 years to let him know he had a daughter. The only reason he found that out was, yes she needed his help. I do think she loved her daughter, but she used and abused Thomas on so many levels.
I guess you now know, I didn't think too highly of her.
A spy against who?

Plus she did try to come back, even though she could not stay.

I am a man with a family and a law enforcement background. I can understand protecting family even with a loss of contact.

I have never had to deal with this, but I understand it the way the writers wrote it.

TM thought she was dead and understood her motives when he knew otherwise. That is good enough for me.

Sorry you fell betrayed by her her. His love for her and Lily is what made the last two season great for me.

Apollo
Lieutenant

#18 Post by Apollo »

Sophia,

Plus she did protect TM by leaving with lily, and by not trying to get back with him.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by sophia »

Apollo,
She worked for the U.S., getting information from her husband that our government wanted. She was french, was she working for France, too?
She helped her husband's cause. in Vietnam, which I'm guessing is what the U.S. wanted her to do.
That's what I am saying, Thomas came last.
I always got the feeling she used him.
After he found out she was alive, he stayed away from her, to protect her.
Then when he found out about Lilly, he stayed away from her and Michelle, to protect them.
She didn't stay away from him, to protect him, she came back when she needed his help, because she knew he would always be there for her.
I think she left with Lilly to protect Lilly and herself, she and Thomas both knew if he was with them it would be easier for them to be found. They both had to protect Lilly. I never doubted his love for Lilly or Michelle.

Apollo
Lieutenant

#20 Post by Apollo »

I guess we just see it differently, i do not disagree with what you say she did, but I feel that i relate to TM in that I understand his pain but do not hold any grudges. You see it different and seem to cary a grudge against her.

He did not express any of the feelings you have, he merely supported her anyway he could.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by sophia »

I agree, we saw it differently, that's what so great about the series.
We all get something different from it.
I just didn't think she was right for him, though, he was totally in love with her.
I called her a spy because I wouldn't know what else to call what she did.
I always got the impression that she was working for the US at least, if not for France. Always wondered what she was doing in Vietnam anyway.
Maybe someone can enlighten me on the subject.
:wink:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

sophia,

There are a LOT of MPI fans who also aren't that fond of Michelle. So you are certainly not the only one. To me, also, that was the one glaring thing I didn't like about the show -- his devotion to her when she did not seem, to my way of thinking, to have earned it.

But, as you say, each viewer takes what he/she wants and enjoys from the show.

I'd be slightly interested in a "for Michelle"/"not for Michelle" (not "against Michelle," just not "for" her) poll. I think we currently have two "not for's" (sophia and I) and at least one "for" (Apollo).

Anyone else want to throw in a vote?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by sophia »

golfmobile wrote:sophia,

There are a LOT of MPI fans who also aren't that fond of Michelle. So you are certainly not the only one. To me, also, that was the one glaring thing I didn't like about the show -- his devotion to her when she did not seem, to my way of thinking, to have earned it.

But, as you say, each viewer takes what he/she wants and enjoys from the show.

I'd be slightly interested in a "for Michelle"/"not for Michelle" (not "against Michelle," just not "for" her) poll. I think we currently have two "not for's" (sophia and I) and at least one "for" (Apollo).

Anyone else want to throw in a vote?

golf
I'm glad we agree. She was not good enough for him, and he was just too nice of a guy to be treated the way she treated him.
I kind of wished he and Carol would have worked out something.
Thought they got along well and would have been a great couple.
Thought it was going to happen, but the writers had to keep it interesting and have Tom always looking for the right girl. In my opinion she was always there, in Carol.

eeyore
Admiral

#24 Post by eeyore »

Another vote against Michelle. I was pretty puzzled about her character but I doubt the writers really got into it. Some the characters don't seem that well thought out and there are contradictions.

eeyore
Admiral

#25 Post by eeyore »

PS I posted my idea for the movie plot on the Tom Selleck Thread! :)