For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

RES71
Lieutenant Junior Grade

From the Enquirer: "TOM SELLECK’S MAGNUM RAGE"

#1 Post by RES71 »

Link to Story:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... agnum-rage

Mostly what we all know, but this was a new article as of 1/2/2015, so the first Magnum News of 2015.

Personally, I believe in light of his arthritis I would want to not make him do all the action-y stuff, but he could play the role of the savvy mentor, or, given the right body double, pull off one last adventure. Failing that, they should have made him lead producer on the Movie. Let him call the shots, who knows Magnum better? Who would make the fans happiest at the helm? No one :p

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: From the Enquirer: "TOM SELLECK’S MAGNUM RAGE"

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Just glad to hear anything about doing a movie!(Even if it IS in the "Enquirer" :lol: )

BUT.....it would be a HUGE mistake on the part of anybody contemplating it to NOT include TS, ideally as the star, but barring that, in as involved a capacity as would be possible. TS IS Magnum, period.

I suppose it's barely possible that a "new" version/actor might be accepted by those who are not familiar with the original, but WE all know it would never be the same or work at all if TS is replaced, at least for those of us who know and love the original. Personally, I would include all of the original cast in the same category. And rather than use somebody else in JQH place, I'd advise just not having him appear physically onscreen. He could still be in the story, but just not on film. Course, I don't know Hillerman's current situation, he may be up for it...who knows. K.....rambling again. 8)

There I go with the nostalgia again......sorry for showing my age, but some things actually DO get better as time goes by....at least up to a point..... :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

I have no idea why, but I love this title.

Maybe I should change the name of the site....

"Magnum Rage".

Ehh, It's better off as a Dirty Harry film,

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

This link is dead.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I don't blame him. You would think if someone were going to go ahead with this project they'd try to involve him in some way.

Turkey
Admiral

#6 Post by Turkey »

Here's a link to the cached version:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

I never saw the original article, but maybe it's been pulled because it was a crappy, unverified article (a 'source' says blah blah blah)

But if it's true, I'd be pissed if I was TS and not asked to be involved.
Make it two weeks.

Lance Mannion
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Lance Mannion »

I've only seen a couple of interviews with Tom Selleck; & financially, I'm sure he's doing fine - But I kind of got the feeling that the other cast members are not (he mentioned as much) ... I suspect this might be more of the reason for his "Magnum Rage," then his personal pride ... Besides, "Magnum PI," could never work without a "Foil/Father Figure" like Higgins ... And regardless of the other thread's of suggestions, I can't see anyone playing that role, nor Magnum's really ...