Who should play Magnum in the movie?

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#46 Post by golfmobile »

Cute scene from "Killers" -- I'm dying to see it!

Skeet scene

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Carmen
MPI

#47 Post by Carmen »

me, too!! Can`t wait for August 5th!! (We mostly have to wait a litttle longer for a movie over here
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#48 Post by golfmobile »

Carmen,

It's gotten TERRIBLE reviews over here. Look it up on www.rottentomatoes.com. But I still want to go see it. I like Ashton Kutcher in comedy/action roles, which this is, and I think Katherine Heigl is just cute as a button -- from the previews I've seen, she has most of the good lines. I'll give you a report if I manage to see it before it gets to you. But our beloved TS is looking pretty old in the scenes I've seen of him in this movie. Guess all that sun in Hawaii for eight years is taking its toll.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

layne
Vice Admiral

#49 Post by layne »

Wow. Some of those reviews were really bad. Seems there's lots of people who don't care for Heigl and Kutcher to begin with and won't like any movie they're in.

I went to see it on opening night to a sold out theatre. I thought it was a fun movie and enjoyed Kutcher and Heigl. I've always liked Katherine Heigl. I've never been a big Kutcher fan but he did a great job in this movie! And of course there's our favorite guy Tom. During my viewing, he and Catherine O'hara got the most laughs. The audience seemed genuinely happy to see Tom on the big screen again. Maybe I'm just crazy about TS...but I thought he looked great! Women were still swooning over him. From the response of the audience, he needs to do more feature films!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by MACattack »

TOM SELLECK SHOULD PLAY THOMAS MAGNUM.
I just don't give a damn!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#51 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

MACattack wrote:TOM SELLECK SHOULD PLAY THOMAS MAGNUM.
+1

firefly
Commander

#52 Post by firefly »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:
+1

nail on the head. there is no one that can be tm other than ts!

and i am a hard core trekkie that very much enjoyed the newest movie and felt that chris pine was pretty damn good as capt. james t kirk (sacrilege?).

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Seaver41 »

Tom Selleck is Thomas Magnum..........it's his personality and traits that comprise the character. Anyone else doing it would be in name only.......much like they simply borrowed the character names for the Miami Vice movie.