Kickstarter Initiative

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Kickstarter Initiative

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

This is probably too ambitious for someone like me with not much time on his hands, but I was wondering what people thought about staring a Kickstarter campaign to fund a Magnum movie? There have been a handful of high-profile examples that have allowed fans to breathe new life into their favourite shows or movies when a studio wouldn't back the project.

I think there may be some possibility here. Everyone from the old show seems to be game for a movie (okay, Hillerman may take some convincing), and it seems that more than one genuine scripts have been written.

Who thinks this has legs?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Stelth »

I like the idea.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

I'm all for it.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

Re: Kickstarter Initiative

#4 Post by Danno »

I like the idea- very much so. You've currently got some momentum with the recent launch event at Turtle Bay.
Why not email Larry and Roger about their thoughts on the idea in principle? Larry responds to emails I think?

You'd need someone on the ground in O'ahu... I'd imagine generating as much good will as possible will be important...

Maybe contact Rick Romer as well- I understand he's now creative director involved in organising special events... :wink:

I'd be happy to help where I could.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org