Does anyone think they will finally confirm the movie

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Bathurstfan
Commander

Does anyone think they will finally confirm the movie

#1 Post by Bathurstfan »

Does anyone think this will be the year they finally confirm the release of a Magnum P.I. Movie, I hope so and hope it is a good one.

Either that or Magnum return to tv would be good.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does anyone think they will finally confirm the movie

#2 Post by Kevster »

Bathurstfan wrote:Does anyone think this will be the year they finally confirm the release of a Magnum P.I. Movie, I hope so and hope it is a good one.

Either that or Magnum return to tv would be good.
I'd love it if something happened with the originals, but I highly doubt it.

Age, other opportunities, etc. The characters and actors are old enough to make it something more than a sentimental project. Higgins character would be well beyond 90!!!!

Plus, TS is working steady. Now we've got LM doing a recurring role on H5O, too. RM is the only one that might want a gig and doesn't have one. If it isn't going to be of quality, why do it?

A reboot... Nah. I'll watch reruns before I'll watch an "A-Team" like movie of MPI.

Sorry, but I think that ship has sailed.
Trust Me!!!

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Braddah Kimo »

" Now we've got LM doing a recurring role on H5O, too"
wait. LM is doing this role repeatedly?!

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Kevster »

Braddah Kimo wrote:" Now we've got LM doing a recurring role on H5O, too"
wait. LM is doing this role repeatedly?!
I saw a story in the general media about LM's deal being for a "recurring role". Usually, those roles are like the "Mac" character from MPI. A few times a season...

IF so, he would have less time/financial need (?) for a MPI. There might even be contractual restrictions since the two shows are no longer in a shared universe (unlike the original shows). Either way, it probably wouldn't help the MPI reunion project cause.
Trust Me!!!

donaldduke
Ensign

#5 Post by donaldduke »

I too hope that we get to see Magnum in a movie this year. I pray for the movie to get confirmation.

SouthEastAsiaTX
Lieutenant

#6 Post by SouthEastAsiaTX »

They should pull a Veronica Mars and pull this together on Kickstarter. VM raised over $2m in just a few days. I know there are other roadblocks, but perhaps fan interest as demonstrated by a fan contributed fund via Kickstarter would get their butts into gear. Then again, VM has a very young and enthusiastic demographic (not to mention that is recent) that is probably many times larger than the MPI fan base.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

But the Magnum folks probably have more capital.

:wink:

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Selleck could play a more visible Robin Masters in the movie...
Or he could be the now owner of the estate and his cousin or something could be the active young lead with Selleck assisting in a wise father type role. pulling him out of binds and what not...

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by 308GUY »

BK's scenario is close to something I thought about...Robin Masters passes on and leaves Robins' nest to Higgins, who is now too old to keep up with it, so he legally passes part ownership to Magnum, who moves into the main house and takes on an apprentice who stays in the guest house. Rick and TC both run business based on their original enterprise, and also have a second in command who run the day to day routines, but mainly concern themselves with enjoying the lives they've built. Of course they'd have to get involved at first, to "guide" and "nurture" the new guys, but could evenutally fade into the background as much as they wanted, (or life/age/the writers), mandated.

Just a thought!
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Braddah Kimo »

And if Ms. Anderson is not amenable to all that contemporary shooting and activity, again, I nominate the Clarence Cooke estate. Perfect for it! In many ways.
A guest house with two bedrooms. Above the auto court could be built another guest house. Pool area for sexy shots of visiting stewardesses/attractive female guest stars. Big wide open lanais and rooms for scenes.
As we know, Magnum PI is no stranger to the place.

"hey. wasn't this your old Kanehameha club, Rick? "
"Yes, Robin Masters owned this also!"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

Braddah Kimo wrote:Selleck could play a more visible Robin Masters in the movie...
Or he could be the now owner of the estate and his cousin or something could be the active young lead with Selleck assisting in a wise father type role. pulling him out of binds and what not...
I like it but I, and a few others have said to "young it up", have the movie centered around Lily with TM as the wise father type.Perhaps some good old Higgins/Magnum banter could even take place between father and daughter. I still like Mila Kunis cast as Lily...........