Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Bathurstfan
Commander

Movie news for March 2011

#1 Post by Bathurstfan »

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

How did we miss that one??? Seems very positive, but I've been disappointed too many times before. Not gonna take the bait on this one just yet.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The date of the article is Wednesday March 25th. That would make the year of the article 2009. I don't think this thing is any closer than it was then, and reading the interview I'm glad they haven't made progress.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:The date of the article is Wednesday March 25th. That would make the year of the article 2009. I don't think this thing is any closer than it was then, and reading the interview I'm glad they haven't made progress.
How's that for an investigator! Nice work!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by erock308 »

Magnum p.i. 2012 rumor mill time...

Grazer will team with series co-creator Donald Bellisario to produce the film. They've hired scribe Michael McCullers, who with Mike Myers wrote the second and third installments of the "Austin Powers" trilogy.

It’s not set in the eighties, it’s a present day re-telling of the story. "Magnum Begins" We meet Thomas Magnum ex Navy SEAL and now is a bit of a beach bum without much direction in his life. He takes the tourists out on scuba diving excursions and sleeps with the ladies but he doesn’t really have a lot of focus in terms of what he wants to do... then something happens to one of his former SEAL Teammates and he is forced to solve his first case...

So it’s a title you know, it’s a theme song you love, it’s a kickass Ferrari 458 Spider, it’s got TC & his Chopper, it’s got Rick & the Club, it’s got Higgins & the Estate and of course, Magnum, the whole thing. We also get to see how Higgins and Magnum first meet....

;{)
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by Majordomo »

They need to go ahead and do a movie using the original cast (while they are still alive), throw it in a vault, and then release it in about 5 years...

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by The Birdman »

I hated the A Team remake! These old shows just aren't the same when you add modern things and CGI effects.
Magnum barely looks older now. How about he comes off his new cop show and have some story where something big happened and they were all summoned back to Robbins Nest to solve one more case? I see it now.... Magnum arrives and puts down his bags then gos and looks in the garage, there is a car under a cover, he pulls the cover off and there is the old Ferrari!!!!!! Next scene he's haul'n ass down the driveway spinning the tires and throwing up gravel to the theme song.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

Brian Glaser and Rawson Marshall Thurber have been attached to this project since early 2006. So far it just hasn't gotten out of pre-production. Pre-production hell as they say. Who knows if it's still alive or not.

http://www.pajiba.com/interview-with-ra ... hurber.htm
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Bathurstfan
Commander

#9 Post by Bathurstfan »

I was wondering in one episode they hinted Magnum drove a VW prior to the Ferrari, so I wonder if they note this detail if the movie starts prir to "Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii"?

billugeee
Ensign

#10 Post by billugeee »

what about movies list of 2012, here is 2012. Also share the reviews about movies of 2012.

-----
hsy kurta collection | bridal lehenga designs 2012 | hsy bridal collection 2012
Administrator