No, to new TV show or movie!

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Re: No, to new TV show or movie!

#16 Post by Seaver41 »

quite frankly, the 5-o is just borrowing the name(s). You;re not getting a Jack Lord performance, it's gone an entirely different direction and has lasted on the merits of what shows week to week.

The problem here is the character of Magnum is so intertwined with Selleck that it's just gonna have to take a charismatic actor to pull it off.....and get Selleck's blessing.

MiniMag
Lieutenant

#17 Post by MiniMag »

I say yes to a new MPI television series recasting all of the original cast and then some new as well. I've spent quite a bit of time going over the old characters, where they would be at today, and how to integrate the new characters.

I sat down the other day with my mother, who was also a MPI fan of her own back in the 80's, who would sit down on Thursday nights with me and watch the show. I ran through my ideas for the remake of the show with her and when I got done she remarked that she felt like she had just gotten done watching the show for real.

Limbo
Lieutenant

#18 Post by Limbo »

Its Happening. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Updated to a SEAL from Afghanistan. Its just so wrong to reboot this show its hard to describe without charts.
Very good Magnum-san, very good,but why do you care so much for his life?. I don't....I care for yours.