I was wondering if we can't get a movie, maybe a TV series

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Bathurstfan
Commander

I was wondering if we can't get a movie, maybe a TV series

#1 Post by Bathurstfan »

I was wondering since the movie news has gone all quiet, who thinks there is a chance of a new Magnum TV series to follow on after the new Hawaii Five O drops in the ratings in a few years? Imagine that start a new Magnum PI series in Hawaii when work drops off for the new Hawaii, I wonder if history might repeat itself??????

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I could see a Magnum-inspired show, but not a Magnum 2012, per se. That said, detective shows just aren't a thing any more. Remember all the detective shows in the 70s and 80s? Wish there was a renaissance.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I wouldn't want a new Magnum. With technology the way it is now they'd rely on that and the show would lose it's edge.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Seaver41 »

bottom line is anything new would disappoint as we fondly remember the characters from almost 30 years ago. Time is not fair and it would be somewhat depressing to see our favorites so aged and limited.

If they could mix with younger actors so that it resembles what they did with Eastwood, Jones, Sutherland, and Garner in that space movie......maybe they can get something done. The old guys come through one last time in some adventure......the laughs coming from their aged bodies and such. I think that's about it as far as viable plots.

erock308
Fleet Admiral

Ms Magnum p.i.

#5 Post by erock308 »

I think we need a new show 30ish years later Lily is all grown up and following in her dads p.i. foot steps... perhaps Robin leaves here the estate in his will and there would always be cameos from the original cast... Plus she could drive around the island in a brand new ferrari and get away with wearing shot shorts!
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."