It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:34 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I think there'd be a better chance of a small screen reunion show if Selleck weren't doing so well on other projects.

- J.Q.H.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 am 
Fleet Admiral

Time is flying by and I am thinking that perhaps the only way an original cast, small screen reunion/story would be green lighted is to incorporate the cast into a two part Hawaii 5-0 episode. Of course Blue Bloods is getting in the way now but I think if they could somehow pull that off the ratings would be record breaking for both the new H 5-0 and create interest in a few MPI shows............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm 
Fleet Admiral

strangely enough, the idea of a parody is about the only thing left that could sell. Think about it, Starsky and Hutch was 35-40 years ago on TV, yet they went with current stars and for fans of the show were the nods throughout the movie.

Fact of the matter is, Magnum is Selleck. This isn't Batman or Sherlock Holmes where the character is bigger than any actor..........the actor made the character and beyond that, a private investigator in Hawaii is not exactly an iconic superhero.

Point is you don't compete with the past, you pay homage to it. The Miami Vice movie didn't understand that.....they tried to plug in new actors to the same roles and it bombed.

The guy to play Magnum would be VINCE VAUGHN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 am 
Fleet Admiral

Guys guys guys...I think you're looking at this all wrong. Or at least I think CBS is if that's what they're thinking, like you. Selleck has done nothing but good things for CBS; Magnum, Jesse Stone, Blue Bloods...if ANYTHING his recent TV successes should make CBS WANT to do a Magnum movie. Think about it. They're stupid if they don't. Talk about passing up a golden opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Selleck always refused the idea of small screen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:54 pm 
Admiral

They are doing a new Dallas series next year with a mix of new actors and the old stars Hagman/Duffy. If it goes well, you never know. How old is Hagman? 82?
I still think they can do something with Magnum P.I and the old cast.
A totally new Magnum a la Hawaii five-o? No thanks not for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:32 pm 
Commander

Hi Everyone

With so many fans like us, does anyone have any news of when they will finally make the Magnium P.I. movie? Personally I can not wait.

My preference would be a movie followed up by a new TV series like the current Hawaii Five O. Maybe history repeating itself if the current Hawaii Five O winds up, Magnum the next year or run them at the same time.

Oh well all the best and I would love good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:35 pm 
Commander

Steve wrote:
Time is flying by and I am thinking that perhaps the only way an original cast, small screen reunion/story would be green lighted is to incorporate the cast into a two part Hawaii 5-0 episode. Of course Blue Bloods is getting in the way now but I think if they could somehow pull that off the ratings would be record breaking for both the new H 5-0 and create interest in a few MPI shows............

The above is a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 pm 
Fleet Admiral

the issue hasn't been about CBS.......it's the studio who owns the show. They were the roadblock when Tom Clancy and Selleck came up with a movie idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:22 am 
Fleet Admiral

Just saw the 21 Jump Street movie over the weekend and it reinforced to me the fact that any Magnum movie on the big screen will not feature the original cast in their original roles. 21 Jump Street was a parody in many ways but was actually a good modern movie as well. If they had to make a Magnum movie with a new cast and had sufficient nods to the original show including prominent and extended cameos (as Jump Street did) I could live with that.

- J.Q.H.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next