The REAL Magnum Movie

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Steve »

Carol the Dabbler wrote: So, just in case They actually do get around to making an original-cast Magnum movie, and just in case They like some of the ideas I've posted here, or happen to come up with similar ideas on their own, I wish to state for the record:

I hereby relinquish any legal claim to the Magnum Movie ideas I have posted on this and other threads on this forum. Please feel free to use them as you see fit in a movie (or tv-movie) starring most of the original cast.

Of course, I'd be honored to see my name in small print somewhere in the credits (e.g., Special Thanks to Carol the Dabbler). And I SURE wouldn't say no to a studio pass to watch the filming!
You're a better person than I, Carol. I have been posting for a few years that the way to get an original cast movie made was to cast a hot young actress as Lilly and have a story revolving around her and the main characters. I have been stating my pick as Mila Kunis, and now she is winning awards, SO, if it ever comes to be made and she is in it you can be damn sure I want my cut and I will be walking down the red carpet with more than a few of us Magnum-Mania folks..............LOL!

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

I'm not noble, I just figure better an original-cast movie and no money than no original-cast movie and no money.

I've been meaning to add this:

In the most recent photo I've seen of John Hillerman (linked from this site's home page), he appears to weigh at least as much as in his Higgins days, and be somewhat limited in his mobility. Any "return from the dead" scenario could explain Higgins' being in a wheelchair, but weight gain doesn't seem to fit.

If Higgins does show up alive at the end, it's my feeling that after the bad guys left him for dead, he was rescued by a reclusive village of native Hawaiians who live in the Koolaus. (Yeah, I know, but an unknown village is way less unbelievable than a whole unknown island, which MPI was forever coming up with.)

In the years preceding his "death," Higgins would presumably have lost a good bit of weight, what with spending all his time stalking the bad guys. But being nursed back to health by Hawaiians would presumably include a hearty diet (since Hawaiians past a certain age are not traditionally a slender people).
Carol