After all these years

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by MACattack »

I like the idea of Robin Masters being kidnapped. I always thought that Bryant (T.C.'s son) would be running Island Hoppers, Lily Magnum would be a private investigator in her father's footsteps, Higgins is retired and running his father's estate in England, T.C. and Magnum are living off their retirement funds in the Caribbean! What crazy events would bring them all together? As a writer, I am experiencing a block.
I just don't give a damn!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by robspace54 »

I intend to post this story all together on Fanfiction.net when I am past the probationary period on that website.

It was fun to write. Knowing that some people were waiting for the next episode kept me on task from mid-November to the end of December. Since I felt I knew the characters so well, it almost wrote itself. :)

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by robspace54 »

Here is the hyper-link to the complete story, slightly tweaked from that posted here.

Rob

http://www.fanfiction.net:80/s/5651330/1/

"All These Years" is the title
Last edited by robspace54 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#34 Post by ConchRepublican »

Nicely done!

Thank you!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#35 Post by robspace54 »

ConchRepublican - I am glad that you enjoyed it! First real mystery I have written.

Rob

John.1962
Commander

It's great!

#36 Post by John.1962 »

I feel kind of dumb now - posted an idea for the movie and it sounds similiar to yours (I jsut did an overview).

You really captured it though and you should do more!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#37 Post by robspace54 »

Well I wrapped up this adventure and I feel good about it (both the story and the writing experience). Now I find myself wondering, what happens next to Thomas Magnum?

We will be on a ski trip this weekend, maybe I'll come up with a good opening while siting on the ski lift!

Rob

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#38 Post by robspace54 »

Well our ski trip (and a really foggy morning) set me up for a non-Magnum story.

But as I thought about that idea, I wondered about my character, Nick Christopher, the wounded Afghan war vet premiering in my short story All These Years. What scars does he carry (physical and mental), why is he on O'ahu, and what does he hope for the future?

Just getting started on the tale, but I'll put it on FanFiction.net when the thing is completed.

Teaser: Nick Christopher, the new head of Security at Robin's Nest, carries secrets and burdens. Those secrets mean that someone is blackmailing him. Of course he turns to Thomas Magnum for help...

Rob

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#39 Post by J.J. Walters »

Can't wait rob! :)

Maybe you could somehow work in Starguard and a return of one "Digger" Doyle? ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#40 Post by robspace54 »

I still think the character could have carried her own show - although she came across as imperious and...icy. But perhaps that was the appeal. She was the perfect counterpoint to Magnum.

Rob

Alexander J Colvin Esq.
Lieutenant

#41 Post by Alexander J Colvin Esq. »

great stuff Rob but I kind of felt sad that they weren´t in contact more. after all "you can´t break up the team" I read somewhere else on here about higgins turning up at the end of the film and shouting oh my god. I like that idea. I think that could actually be done. I really enjoyed reading your story. so many bits came to life for me. you should be proud. you gave us a film which came to life in our minds

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#42 Post by robspace54 »

I've written two other Magnum in the present stories. They are on FanFiction.net My stories in my Magnum-verse in order are:

1) All These Years (which was originally posted here)
2) Remembrance
3) A Goat's Tale

Magnum, TC, Rick, Higgins, and two new characters, Nick Christopher (story 1) and Rita Barzkoff (stories 2 and 3) appear. I could keep writing these as I find them great fun. They've also been a great way for me to unleash my inner mystery writer. Is there more? Sure. Some of you should try to pen a couple.

And if I have helped you to see "Magnum - the Movie" in your head, thanks for saying so! I'm honored.

Rob