More from Tom RE: Movie

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

More from Tom RE: Movie

#1 Post by N1095A »

What sounds like part of a TS Phone interview regarding the movie.
http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2009/0 ... -pi-movie/
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

Very good analogy by Tom comparing Magnum to the Star Trek franchise. You just can't do a Movie without the original cast and characters..............

TankTop44
Commander

#3 Post by TankTop44 »

Just watched the interview on CNN with Wolf Blitzer, great job! He said he was waiting for the phone call and he would do the movie! I hope this is done and not a spoof of it, that would be a tragedy.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The way things work today I think this makes too much sense for it to happen. Maybe I'll be wrong. I sure hope so.

TankTop44
Commander

#5 Post by TankTop44 »

He looked slightly on the chubby side, I wonder if they did ask there would be a clause about losing some weight and getting in shape.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#6 Post by Italian Ice »

Well, no more Macho Taco's for him, or any more slices of Mrs Peroni's Pizza

Ahi sushi maybe :)
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Carmen
MPI

#7 Post by Carmen »

OMG!! Listen to him!! He must have read this forum or have seen the Magnum-Mania website - or both!!!!! Hmmm, or is it possible that somewhere on this earth other people like us do exist?!? :wink: :D
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

TankTop44
Commander

#8 Post by TankTop44 »

I think that he has to have read it or someone told him about it. The way he talked about how the fans of the show would not like a spoof and how they know more lines than he remembers.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Coops »

Without Tom Selleck there is no Thomas Magnum.

Period.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#10 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

You just said it all Coops!

steadylads
Ensign

#11 Post by steadylads »

I was recently in Las Vegas attending a collectors show. I happened to see Mr Selleck there. Very nice man!! I asked him about the movie and if he was going to be in it. Sadly, he said they aren't going to do the movie.

I hope this situation changes and I hope he could play the role. He still looks plenty fit. Maybe a reunion show could still be done some day with the original cast. I hope so.
Steady Lads

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Seaver41 »

so it sounds dead...........or at least until the point Selleck is incapable of pulling it off even in the eyes of the fans. His Jesse Stone movies only add ammo to the argument he can do it. They'll have to wait until the original actors are either dead or in a retirement home.

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by robspace54 »

Tom Selleck is 64 (born 1945)

Jonathan Hillerman is 77 (born 1932) and it is claimed he has retired. "Higgins" was "born" in 1918 which would make the character 91!

Larry Manetti is 62 (born 1947)

Roger Mosley is 71 (born 1938)

In 1988 at the end of the shows run TS was 43. But you never know. It seems like the door has closed, doesn't it? :-/

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Danno »

As much as I wish it wouldn't happen this way, I think if a movie is made it won't be with the original cast. The new A-Team movie sets this in stone for me. Time to move on. : (
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#15 Post by Italian Ice »

I wouldn't mind so much at this point no matter what. It would be nice to make it official at least somehow if there won't be an original cast movie. If there will be a new cast, at least let us know. It's a common theme these days for all of the shows in that era. Whether they make a movie (A-Team, Dukes of Hazzard etc) or a continuation series (Knight Rider), I would be at least somewhat satisfied.

One thing I wish the cast would do is at least hold a reunion press conference. The cast of Greatest American Hero did it recently at Comic Con in their works to revive the show (and they're making a movie and an animated internet series). I've posted the short interview on the thread under "other tv shows" if anyone wants to take a quick look. It's something like THAT I wish I could see the 4 main characters do, just to say "hello" to all of us...wouldn't you agree?
Last edited by Italian Ice on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "