reunion show

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#11 Post by Agatha »

8)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Seaver41 »

Agatha wrote:And my point is...if he's not a has-been in your circle...or mine...or the many people who just plain like Tom Selleck and the many, many people watch Jesse Stone movies...WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LISTEN TO US???

:lol:
for one..........people don't pay to watch Jesse Stone..........so you have to bring in the fanbase and new viewers in order to make it worthwhile. Odds are against it.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#13 Post by Agatha »

I know, Seaver41, but "worthwhile" is in the eye of the beholder. People spend LOTS of money making movies that I don't enjoy. It's hard for me to accept that a Magnum reunion show would earn...or lose...any more...or less...money than some of those movies. But I'm sure you're right about odds being against it.

And there can't even be a TV Magnum reunion movie unless whoever has the rights decides to do that, right? So I'm pinning my hopes on a TWS production of a well-written TV movie "about four older men who have been friends for a long time and shared lots of experiences....."

I just CAN'T give up on the idea of getting them back together again.

:)

PS - I didn't give up on the Beatles either...until John was killed!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

I have said it before and I will say it again. If Hollywood is worried about the "older" demographics of the original cast, the fan base and the ticket buyers, concentrate on casting and marketing the Lily character. Lily would be in her mid to late twenties so cast her with a hot draw actress (Jessica Alba, Mila Kunis, well you get the point). Have Lily living the "Magnum" lifestyle in the guesthouse, taking care of an aging and ailing Higgins when some type of Col. Ki or Ivan crisis takes place, bringing back the originals to save the day........Just my idea on getting the original cast into a big screen movie project..........

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#15 Post by Agatha »

Another good idea, Steve! I feel better just realizing that there ARE possibilities! And that what WE want isn't necessarily in the hands of people who apparently don't "get it"!

Hoping...hoping...hoping...

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Seaver41 »

Steve wrote:I have said it before and I will say it again. If Hollywood is worried about the "older" demographics of the original cast, the fan base and the ticket buyers, concentrate on casting and marketing the Lily character. Lily would be in her mid to late twenties so cast her with a hot draw actress (Jessica Alba, Mila Kunis, well you get the point). Have Lily living the "Magnum" lifestyle in the guesthouse, taking care of an aging and ailing Higgins when some type of Col. Ki or Ivan crisis takes place, bringing back the originals to save the day........Just my idea on getting the original cast into a big screen movie project..........
you need a bigger name than the ones listed..........none of them are A-list material capable of drawing in people. You need a superstar female to take that angle.......someone on the level of Angelina Jolie..........does that person exist besides her? Is there an A-lister in her mid 20's?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#17 Post by Doc Ibold »

If you bring Jessica Alba to Magnum.. they (not only us) will come.

Actually, she would do really well as Lily, IMO.

PhatCat
Admiral

#18 Post by PhatCat »

Doc Ibold wrote:If you bring Jessica Alba to Magnum.. they (not only us) will come.

Actually, she would do really well as Lily, IMO.
+1

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Seaver41 »

I don't doubt the job she'd do, but she is not that strong of a box office draw on her own. Her name/looks wasn't enough to keep her tv show afloat.........and that was the heyday of her looks....

PhatCat
Admiral

#20 Post by PhatCat »

But you don't want an a-lister in the supporting role. It would overshadow the star.

Plus Dark Angel was the platform for JA to get movie roles, etc. Frankly, her Fantastic Four role increased her fame more than anything else that I can think of. (can't say I really cared for the FF movies but...)

*after re-reading your post, I think I misunderstood what you were getting at. You're thinking that the story would be focused on Lily and "the guys" would just be supporting roles. no?

I can't say that I'd be able to get on board with that idea. I understand it would be "passing the torch" so to speak but I can't believe it would be received well. Just my $.02.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Seaver41 »

none of the 'Lily' scenario would float..........

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#22 Post by Agatha »

IYHO?

the apprentice
Lieutenant Commander

#23 Post by the apprentice »

we must get it to happen...
magnum, i do say

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by MACattack »

Naw, they should do a movie with the original cast. Just get James Cameron to direct and have it come out in 3D!!!!!!
I just don't give a damn!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#25 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

We'd have to update it a little bit. I know where we can get a good deal on a cell phone for Magnum.