CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

#46 Post by J.J. Walters »

Man, I just don't know. I'm not feeling this so far, but I will reserve judgement until I see it. I guess it's safe to assume that Pahonu will not be used as a filming location, correct? If so, that removes a huge element of the appeal of the show (for me anyway). I'm sure there are other worthy candidates for the Robin Master estate, but wherever it is, it just won't be the same. Also, who is going to play Higgins? Whoever it is won't be able to hold a candle to John Hillerman! Will they use a 308? Probably not. More likely a Testarossa or Enzo.

I must say though, it is pretty neat that Magnum P.I. is going to be back in the spotlight again. If anything it will renew interest in the original show for people that may never have been exposed to it. :)

I've also read that CBS has ordered pilots for Cagney & Lacy and Murphy Brown. Alf is next!... Just kidding! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#47 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Man, I just don't know. I'm not feeling this so far, but I will reserve judgement until I see it. I guess it's safe to assume that Pahonu will not be used as a filming location, correct? If so, that removes a huge element of the appeal of the show (for me anyway). I'm sure there are other worthy candidates for the Robin Master estate, but wherever it is, it just won't be the same. Also, who is going to play Higgins? Whoever it is won't be able to hold a candle to John Hillerman! Will they use a 308? Probably not. More likely a Testarossa or Enzo.

I must say though, it is pretty neat that Magnum P.I. is going to be back in the spotlight again. If anything it will renew interest in the original show for people that may never have been exposed to it. :)

I've also read that CBS has ordered pilots for Cagney & Lacy and Murphy Brown. Alf is next!... Just kidding! :)

Pssst .... JJ. About Higgins ......

OK, sit down .......

Are you sitting?

Seriously, SIT!!

Higgins, in this, ummm, reimagining, is a female former SAS operative.

JJ?

You OK?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#48 Post by J.J. Walters »

I created a new Reboot category and moved the reboot threads from the main Magnum P.I. Talk category. In the process of doing that, I have somehow lost some original replies and some are out of order. So sorry, guys! The phpBB forum administration functionality for moving threads from one category to another is so completely wacky! I screwed something up along the way. Sorry again. One of the posts that got lost was my reply to Conch's post above. The gist of it was this: "I somehow assumed that Juliet Higgins was going to be Higgins' daughter (or niece or something). Bummer that the character of Jonathan Quayle Higgins from the original will apparently not exist in the reboot!"

Anyway, at least there is a new place to post comments about the reboot. If the pilot gets picked up (which I would say is almost a certainty, given the success of the HFO reboot), I suspect there will be many more posts here in the new Reboot Forum in the future! :)

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by K Hale »

I think my gif was in one of the posts that got lost, so I'll just leave this here... esp. in regard to any sort of Higgins 2.0.

I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#50 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome, thanks K Hale! LOVE that GIF! So funny! :D Sorry your original post got lost.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#51 Post by marlboro »

Merry Christmas, Herggins!

ConchRepublican

#52 Post by ConchRepublican »

marlboro wrote:Merry Christmas, Herggins!

Herggins .... hmmmm ...... I was going to go with Shiggins on Aberle's radio show next week.
CoziTV Superfan spot

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#53 Post by J.J. Walters »

They both sound great, but I gotta go with Shiggins! So funny! :)

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

☨magnum.t wrote:This is the new softer Magnum who talks about his feelings and cries every other episode blehhh. I dont mind a non white actor but i really wanted to see a mans man, somebody who is macho and sensitive at the same time, the type of guy women want and men want to be and well, that aint him. Oh well my hopes for it to be Joe Manganiello are dashed.
I'm with you, ☨magnum.t...

Image Image

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#55 Post by Core 4 »

Perdita Weeks will play Juliet Higgins. The character's description is similar to the original.

Weeks’ Higgins is the “majordomo” (i.e., property manager) for the large Hawaiian estate of writer Robin Masters, for whom Magnum ostensibly works security and lives in his guest house. She is commanding, confident, tough, uses sarcasm to deflect emotion and is hard to get to know — but it’s worth it in the end.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/magnum-p-i- ... 202308349/

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#56 Post by J.J. Walters »

And there it is, folks. The new Higgins! Reported on multiple news outlets! Miss JULIET Higgins, played by British actress Perdita Weeks! I don't know anything about her, but I love her first name. Perdita! :)

According to variety.com, she (Juliet Higgins) is "commanding, confident, tough, uses sarcasm to deflect emotion and is hard to get to know."

This is going to take a while to sink in. :shock:

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by K Hale »

I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#58 Post by marlboro »

How about now?

ConchRepublican

#59 Post by ConchRepublican »

marlboro wrote:How about now?

Shiggins indeed!
CoziTV Superfan spot

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by No need to know! »

I hope this shit flops. This is not Magnum P.I by any means. And CBS just waited until Hillerman was dead to announce it. How gratuitous! Well for you who will follow it you can hope for something better than the reboot of MacGyver. That was a total dump created by the same guy. Is this the Stephen J Cannell of the 21th century?

I am sticking to my old DVDs and the memories. Don´t need this to ruin my favourite show of all time. I will just avoid it.

No one could ever replace Selleck and Hillerman anyways and we all knew that.
Last edited by No need to know! on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onion´s extra?