Our "Magnum Mania" screen names

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

Our "Magnum Mania" screen names

#1 Post by Frodoleader »

I must say that I am impressed with our knowledge and devotion to MPI, when considering the screen names many here have chosen. They are insightful and display a knowledge of all things Magnum. But I have to say, "Artie Canoe" has got to be the best use of an obscure name/episode reference. I laughed out loud when I saw that one!
Well done lad! :lol:

What are your favorite names used on this forum, other than your own?

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Lily »

Icepick, but he has been around for ages :(

Artie Canoe
Captain

#3 Post by Artie Canoe »

Thank you sir. I have to say I enjoy "IKnowWhatYoureThinking", Frodoleader is quite good as well :D

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

My two faves are rubber chicken and IslandHopper.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MPS »

I have to agree with all the names mentioned so far, but would like to add Coops and Magnums Little Voice as favorites. :D
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

layne
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by layne »

It's a toss up for me. My faves are rubber chicken (I laughed when I saw that!) and IKnowWhatYoureThinking (my favorite Magnum phrase!).

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Miss Q »

Artie Canoe gets my vote!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I love Artie Canoe because you really have to be a Magnum Aficionado to get it. Everytime I see that name on the message board I can hear Luther saying it, and it makes me crack up! I think there are some really great names on here, but more important some great people that I have fun discussing Magnum with!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Miss Q »

Well I have a non-mpi related screen name, but I wanted continuity between the different website I visited, so I sacraficed creativity...

Just call me, hmmmm, Digger :)
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Steve »

I agree, the screen names (and the avatars) are so creative and some are just down right hilarious. I won't pick a favorite because they are all so creative in their own right. I wish I would have picked a series specific name myself, but I think I was so excited at the time I found this site that I didn't have time to think before I registered! You all are the best...........

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MPS »

Steve wrote:I wish I would have picked a series specific name myself, but I think I was so excited at the time I found this site that I didn't have time to think before I registered! You all are the best...........
I did the same thing. I was so excited at finding the site, that I didn't give a screen name any thought at all. It's great seeing what other people have some up with......part of the fun of the whole MM experience.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#12 Post by Italian Ice »

I picked the name Italian Ice because...

*I'm of Italian descent, so is Rick.
*Rick is my favorite character in the show, but I have the same respect for everyone else of course!
*He's a lot like me in real life, habits and personality. Plus he cracks me up in the show!
*I don't see anyone else whose references Rick in any of their user names(or used any of his pictures), so I thought I'd be the first.
*There's also an episode with the same name and it has a good ring to it.
*Name kind of corresponds a little bit with Rick's connection to Icepick. I think the correlation is pretty good!

Like the other user names though. Many creative ones!
Last edited by Italian Ice on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#13 Post by SelleckLover »

My screen name is pretty blatant. I love Mr. Selleck, in many ways, warts and all! And BTW, I heard his voice in yet another voice-over last night for (are you ready for this???) Big "O" Tires!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#14 Post by Doc Ibold »

I've got an interesting one here...

My name was ORIGINALLY going to be Island Hoppers, but unfortunately my buddy, the one and only IslandHopper, signed up a few days before I did (and I had neglected to check the member list before coming up with the name), and James had emailed me back and said I had to pick a new one since it was too similar.

So me, being me, decides I'm going to pick a secondary (although KNOWN) character, and "Doc Ibold" was born!

I figure he was a ladies man on the side and wore smoking jackets. Plus Magnum and the gang would have died a few times if it weren't for my namesake!

:lol:

Anywho... now that I've got it, I wouldn't trade it for the world!

IH has made quite a name for himself on here, and I'd like to think the good 'ol Doc has done pretty well for himself too!

"Vulgarian Visigoth"... that just sounds cool and comes from one of favorite exchanges!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your stories!

Carmen
MPI

#15 Post by Carmen »

My story is pretty boring: Carmen is my real first name, I took it for a screen name cause I want to be known by my name in case someone real important will read this board (one can dream :D )
I like all of your Magnum-related names, but sometimes it is hard to tell who is male/female - wait a minute I may be male, tall, 20 years older...
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)