How Do I .... ?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

How Do I .... ?

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Q. How do I post images in the forum?

A. Upload your image to a web server that hosts images. I recommend ImageChicken (you know, the rubber chicken and all). It's easy, free, no sign-up needed, and it works great. Browse to the image file, then click 'Upload'. Once your image is uploaded, copy the full text string that is in the 'Forum Code' field and paste it into the MM forum thread where you want it to be. Done! ImageShack is another good site.

Q. How do I update my profile?

A. Click 'Profile' and make the changes needed. When you are ready to save (i.e. hit the 'Submit' button) make sure that your current password is listed in all THREE of the password fields (Current, New, Confirm). If not, your changes will not save. This is a bug in the software. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Q. How do I quote people?

A. Click the 'Quote' button in the upper-right corner of the person's post. You can also simply copy-n-paste the text that you want to quote, then manually wrap the text with the quote tags - [ quote ] [ /quote ]*. To use the person's name in the quote box, follow this format - [ quote="name" ]text[ /quote ]*.

* Remove the white spaces inside the brackets.
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by MPS »

Thanks so much, James. :)
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Lily »

Ditto....James! :)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

The very useful feature that lets you know when someone has posted something new seems to stop working sometimes.

One time it was because I wasn't signed in, but other times it just resets after I look at one post.

Anyone else have this problem?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, it can get a little wacky at times. You can't always rely on it, that's for sure. You can always rely on the timestamps, however. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#6 Post by Mavrick »

ok I must be doing something wrong, for the life of me I can not post pictures and I have read and re read the how too and I can"t get it to work at all I must be doing something wrong, can any one tell me in detail on how to do this please
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Sam »

Hi Mavrick,

First you need to upload your photo to a imaging site(it's free).I use photobucket,there are others out there.Once you have it uploaded you need to copy the img link to the message.Your picture won't appear until after you post your reply.

Here is a copy and the img spot.

www.photobucket.com

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#8 Post by Mavrick »

thank you it work
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Radaen
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#9 Post by Radaen »

Thanks for the informative input. It's a big help for a noob like me. Cheers!

Primbud
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: How Do I .... ?

#10 Post by Primbud »

How about avatars ... ?

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Little Garwood »

Primbud wrote:How about avatars ... ?
User Control Panel
Edit Avatar
Upload from your machine (Choose File stored on your computer, like in your photos folder)
Choose an image you've resized according to the following: Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels.

Or use a Magnum-Mania avatar by selecting "Display Gallery" and choosing from the myriad of avatars there.

Click "Submit."

Hope this helps!
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Primbud
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#12 Post by Primbud »

It does, thanx. For some reason, I thought I had to contact an admin to get avatar permissions.

Coligion
Lieutenant Commander

#13 Post by Coligion »

Is anyone else having issues sending private messages? Mine have all been staying in the Outbox and never transferring over to Sent Messages.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by 308GUY »

Don't quote me, but I think they will stay in your outbox till the recipient opens them on their end.

Technically, they are "sent" but they don't show as being sent till they are officially received. Like I said, just my best guess. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:Don't quote me, but I think they will stay in your outbox till the recipient opens them on their end.

Technically, they are "sent" but they don't show as being sent till they are officially received. Like I said, just my best guess. :magnum:
308GUY is correct.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04