Transfer Of Ownership, pt. 2

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Transfer Of Ownership, pt. 2

#1 Post by Doc Ibold »

Greetings, Fellow Magnum Maniacs!

Its been a long time since I've posted anything to the forums, but I wanted to inform all of you that as of earlier this week, I have completed the transfer of ownership papers for Magnum Mania.

When James passed on Ownership to me a few years back, I thought it would be fantastic to own and maintain a website, especially one so near and dear to my heart as Magnum Mania. I was happy to take on the costs of the site, however I was woefully unprepared to maintain the site. For that, I apologize.

From a professional and personal standpoint, it became time to pass on the mantle as James did to me back in 2015. Rest assured, the new owner has an unrivaled passion for Magnum PI and has been around for as long as I have.

With that being said, the new owner, majordomo and chief barkeep of Magnum Mania is...... ConchRepublican. His email is conch@magnum-Mania.com. I have since deleted my email (steve@magnum-Mania.com) as I will simply be a user from here on out.

I wanted to thank you all for being a part of the best website out there, and being cordial and keeping the site on topic and not devolving into a political rant page. Conch will do his very best to maintain the standards of Magnum Mania once he gets up to speed.

I may not be as active, as I once was - but this is not good-bye. I plan on checking in from time to time as I have some "unfinished business" (The long timers may have an idea of what I'm talking about) that I still need to write.

I wish you the best of luck, and I have briefed Conch on any upcoming payments and gave him the keys to the Ferrari.

Best wishes,

Doc Ibold

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Transfer Of Ownership, pt. 2

#2 Post by 308GUY »

I haven't been around as long as some here, and I don't post too much, but I'd just like to say, you could not have found a better, more qualified more dedicated successor than ConchRepublican.

Enjoy your "retirement" and I for one will look forward to seeing your input in the future.

Relax guys, we're STILL in good hands! :magnum:

"Quite"--- :higgins: :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Hi Doc,

Thanks again for keeping MM going when JJ decided to retire. I can totally understand your decision to pass the torch as there is never enough time to do everything we want to do and family always comes first. Looking forward to reading more of what Kenji is up too.
Great choice in picking Conch as the next Major Domo!
Congrats Conch - looking forward to the next MM chapter!

Kenji

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#4 Post by marlboro »

Thanks to both of you guys for keeping the site going! I wish more sites like this existed for classic tv shows. You're doing great work.

MikeS
Admiral

#5 Post by MikeS »

YES! Thank you so much to all who have helped to create and maintain such a great place for all things MPI :D
MikeS

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

Thank you Doc Ibold for the kind words!

I am proud to take the baton passed to you from our Founding Father JJ and carry his legacy forward. Let's hoist an Old Dusseldorf in a long neck to Doc for his stewardship the last few years! Maybe this step back will provide the opportunity for further musings of Kenji to be revealed . . . :magnum:

Like Doc, I am not all that well versed in web design, and life does have a habit of getting in the way of well intentioned plans, but I do love Magnum PI and will do my best to educate myself on the technical side to make sure I can keep the site as updated and lively as it has been.

We had a nice spike here during the CoziTV time but the last couple of years have been on the quiet side, mostly I assume due to the limited syndication airings of our favorite show. I heard from a little birdie a few months ago that we may see a return of our favorite Private Investigator in 2018. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

In the mean time, let's continue to keep this Virtual Estate our fun playground for all things Magnum. As Doc noted, this is one of the best behaved, respectful boards on the interwebs and that's because YOU keep it that way. The people who come here come not to troll but to share stories, questions and little life snippets as they relate to our favorite show. The level of respect shown here is impressive and I think reflects a lot of the deeper lessons in the show, I don't expect that to change and I will do my best to make sure things stay on course.

That all said, it is my honor to be the new "majordomo" of this wonderful site JJ created and hope to keep up with the high standards set. And, if anything goes sideways "Higgins, I can explain . . ."

Peter
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:Thank you Doc Ibold for the kind words!

I am proud to take the baton passed to you from our Founding Father JJ and carry his legacy forward. Let's hoist an Old Dusseldorf in a long neck to Doc for his stewardship the last few years! Maybe this step back will provide the opportunity for further musings of Kenji to be revealed . . . :magnum:

Like Doc, I am not all that well versed in web design, and life does have a habit of getting in the way of well intentioned plans, but I do love Magnum PI and will do my best to educate myself on the technical side to make sure I can keep the site as updated and lively as it has been.

We had a nice spike here during the CoziTV time but the last couple of years have been on the quiet side, mostly I assume due to the limited syndication airings of our favorite show. I heard from a little birdie a few months ago that we may see a return of our favorite Private Investigator in 2018. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

In the mean time, let's continue to keep this Virtual Estate our fun playground for all things Magnum. As Doc noted, this is one of the best behaved, respectful boards on the interwebs and that's because YOU keep it that way. The people who come here come not to troll but to share stories, questions and little life snippets as they relate to our favorite show. The level of respect shown here is impressive and I think reflects a lot of the deeper lessons in the show, I don't expect that to change and I will do my best to make sure things stay on course.

That all said, it is my honor to be the new "majordomo" of this wonderful site JJ created and hope to keep up with the high standards set. And, if anything goes sideways "Higgins, I can explain . . ."

Peter
Well said Peter!
To Doc...hear, hear!!! Thanks again for stepping up Doc and to you too Peter for accepting the torch going forward!
Interesting tease you tossed out there Peter in regards to 2018. Do you mean reruns or reboot? You must have a little birdie in high places! I know of a few shows that are coming back from the 80's Dynasty, Roseanne, Will and Grace and now I'm hearing Miami Vice.....Do I hear MPI?!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... bc-1026163

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi guys,

Yes ! thank you both so much. Doc for keeping the MPI ship on course and Peter for taking on the role. MPI maniacs forward ho !

:D
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

A job well done by JJ and then Doc and what better version 3.0 choice than Peter. Thank you to all three of you!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#10 Post by marlboro »

Doc Ibold wrote:With that being said, the new owner, majordomo and chief barkeep of Magnum Mania is...... ConchRepublican.

Doc is just waiting for the day when Conch accidentally disables himself while trying to take out a nest of mongeese to reclaim his spot as Magnum Mania's majordomo.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hey, everybody! These last few years have been trying times (a divorce, a toxic girlfriend... you know the drill), but I'm back in the saddle again so to speak! Sort of, anyway! I'm here to help in any way I can. As a token of my appreciation, I've enabled embedded videos on the forum! Viva Magnum! :)

Much, much thanks to Conch and Doc Ibold for keeping this site alive while I've been on my unexpected sabbatical. You guy's are the best! Thank you!

youtu.be/Qj3p59T69hA
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by 308GUY »

Outstanding!

Sorry to learn of your trials and tribulations...seems we all have to deal with some kind or other at some point.

Sounds like a very rough patch for you...but obviously you made it through, providing proof again that....."This too shall pass." No matter what "This" happens to be at the time.

Welcome back and thank you for creating a place to come back to and for the rest of us to enjoy! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Welcome back to the original Magnum Maniac! :D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Welcome back to the original Magnum Maniac! :D

Indeed!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Sam »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Welcome back to the original Magnum Maniac! :D
Good to have you back and thanks to Doc and Conch for keeping it going.