New member to the forum, but been using the site for years.

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

mrmopar
Ensign

New member to the forum, but been using the site for years.

#1 Post by mrmopar »

Aloha!

Big fan of Magnum PI since I was a kid watching episodes newly airing. My following of the show never went away, but it went dormant for many years as a grew up. I think learning that the entire run was on DVD got me back into it. I have since gotten my entire family into it after getting the DVD box set for Christmas several years back. Next time we are on Oahu, we are taking a tour of the sites for sure! I was stationed on Oahu in the early 90s and regret not having an active interest in the show at the time. I spent almost 3 years there and could have pretty much seen it all not all that long after the show ended!

I have been a long time baseball card collector and have the 81 Donruss Magnum PI card set, as well as an unopened box of the packs. I have tried to acquire a little bit of memorabilia from the show over the years, but it seems the demand is stronger than the supply for the most part. I also started a cast autograph quest, albeit it WAY too late in the game. Aside from many guest stars and 1-3 episode characters that may be impossible to find, I decided to go for the main cast and those that either appeared the most times (major "minor" characters) or had the largest impact on me as a fan of the show.

Not sure how active the forum is or how often I will be checking in yet, but hope to learn more as I browse the threads.

If you have any good leads on signatures of the more obscure characters, please let me know! Thanks.

Lastly, as we have been watching episodes as a family, one of the fun things to do is read the episode guides and look for the flubs. My son actually spotted one that had yet to be recorded, so we submitted it and are now part of the flub "wall of fame". Episode 60, Two Birds of a Feather, spotted by James. I know, small accomplishment, large joy!

Curt

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: New member to the forum, but been using the site for yea

#2 Post by 308GUY »

A hearty welcome aboard to ya!

This IS the "Magnaverse" all wrapped up in one place.

Look forward to seeing/hearing more from you.

What autographs have you collected thus far?
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

mrmopar
Ensign

#3 Post by mrmopar »

So far I have the main 4, Lt. Tanaka, Col. Buck Green, Det. Gordon Katsumoto, Michelle, Philippe Trusseau and should soon be getting Luther Gillis and Milton Collins "The Ripper" because his character, although only one episode, really stood out.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

Very cool.

Would you care to share how you went about getting at least the main 4?

Thanks for the reply.. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome to the virtual Estate mrmopar!

Always good to have new members around.

The lads are off enjoying some fresh Kobe, so feel free to wander around at your leisure. :magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04