Aloha everybody :)

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Tesza
Lieutenant Commander

Aloha everybody :)

#1 Post by Tesza »

After already having made myself noticeable in a couple of threads in here, I decided it can't harm to introduce myself officially.

So, I'm Tesza, I live in Germany and, as a 22-years-old, I certainly belong to the youngest generation of Magnum Maniacs represented in this forum. :) I first came into touch with MPI when I was about 12 or 13 years old. At those days I in holiday seasons liked to keep awake until everyone else went to sleep and secretly went to watch TV at late night, when i.a. MPI was shown. From that time, there were quite a few episodes that never went out of my mind (e.g. "Skin Deep", "Wave Goodbye", "Did You See the Sunrise?", "From Moscow to Maui", "Flashback" and a few more). At that age I dreamed of becoming a private investigator too ... In the beginning of this year I re-activated my interest in the series, today I know almost every episode. Searching for some information on details, I finally landed here. :)

My screen name, as you already might have guessed, comes from Dr. Albert Tessa in "Birdman of Budapest". "Teszá" would be correct Hungarian spelling of the name ("Tessa" in Hungarian would read more like "tash-shaw"). I was just searching for a name that was MPI related and Eastern Europe related the same time (to put my fandom and main origin together into a name that is unmistakeable) and decided to nickname myself after our beloved Hungarian Dr. No. :)

So, I arrived securely, I'm ready to receive my floral wreath. :D

Greetings,
Tesza

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Re: Aloha everybody :)

#2 Post by Little Garwood »

Welcome to Magnum-Mania, Tesza! Your username "origin story" and explanation is an interesting one.

Most of us here are ancient (and older!) original-run-era fans of MPI but it's a good thing whenever someone from another generation loves the show, too. I can relate to liking something from before my time, as I enjoy many 1960s TV shows and even older movies (1930s and 1940s). Having an appreciation for Golden Age films adds to one's enjoyment of Magnum, given all the old movie references in the series.

Enjoy the forums! :magnum:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Tesza
Lieutenant Commander

#3 Post by Tesza »

Thanks! :)

The only thing I was sure about from the very beginning is that I definitely won't be the only lover of series that are older than I myself am. :) At another place I already mentioned German series "Derrick", of which only the last five seasons were aired when I already had been born. But in that context I also remember having enjoyed watching "Stahlnetz", that was the German version of "Dragnet", it ran from 1957 to somewhere in the late 1960s (they tried a re-make around 2000 but that failed completely so even some movie databases ignore that or put it in extra entries). If I kept thinking now, I could mention a whole bunch of more examples ...

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Tesza wrote:After already having made myself noticeable in a couple of threads in here, I decided it can't harm to introduce myself officially.

So, I'm Tesza, I live in Germany and, as a 22-years-old, I certainly belong to the youngest generation of Magnum Maniacs represented in this forum. :) I first came into touch with MPI when I was about 12 or 13 years old. At those days I in holiday seasons liked to keep awake until everyone else went to sleep and secretly went to watch TV at late night, when i.a. MPI was shown. From that time, there were quite a few episodes that never went out of my mind (e.g. "Skin Deep", "Wave Goodbye", "Did You See the Sunrise?", "From Moscow to Maui", "Flashback" and a few more). At that age I dreamed of becoming a private investigator too ... In the beginning of this year I re-activated my interest in the series, today I know almost every episode. Searching for some information on details, I finally landed here. :)

My screen name, as you already might have guessed, comes from Dr. Albert Tessa in "Birdman of Budapest". "Teszá" would be correct Hungarian spelling of the name ("Tessa" in Hungarian would read more like "tash-shaw"). I was just searching for a name that was MPI related and Eastern Europe related the same time (to put my fandom and main origin together into a name that is unmistakeable) and decided to nickname myself after our beloved Hungarian Dr. No. :)

So, I arrived securely, I'm ready to receive my floral wreath. :D

Greetings,
Tesza
As Little Garwood mentioned, great "origin story" for your Magnum appreciation!

Welcome!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard Tesza.

Tesza
Lieutenant Commander

#6 Post by Tesza »

Thanks a lot! :)

DogZy
Lieutenant

#7 Post by DogZy »

Aloha!
Always good to see my peers on the forums!

Tesza
Lieutenant Commander

#8 Post by Tesza »

DogZy wrote:Aloha!
Always good to see my peers on the forums!
Peers are always good to have! Pozdrav u Hrvatsku :)