Nashville Newbie

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rocket
Lieutenant

Nashville Newbie

#1 Post by Rocket »

Hello all. I've been a Magnum fan since I was a little kid. Have built a couple Ferrari 308 Revell models and still have one in the box. I visited Honolulu in 2001 with work but had enough down time to rent a Ferrari 328 for a day and tour the island. Highly recommended if you ever get a chance. Gotta love the play between the main characters and breaking the fourth wall. Great show. Watching on Netflix from the beginning. Hope this board is still active. Love the website and all the facts/flubs. I think I have found a few more so far.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Nashville Newbie

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Rocket!

Always glad to see new people sign on.

Got any pictures from your HI trip? How about just the 328?LOL

Although there are sometimes "lapses" in the posting, this forum is still VERY active. Seems to come in "spurts".

Post the right subject, or response to an existing one, and you'll see just how active it can be! :lol:

Be sure to check out the main page if you haven't already, (click the Logo at the top of every page), including rubber chickens MPI filming site guide...Pahanu's sketch-up model and all the "extra's" found on the main page.

Look forward to seeing/hearing more from you in the future.

Aloha :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rocket
Lieutenant

#3 Post by Rocket »

Thanks 308GUY. My avatar is from that trip. Trying to figure out how to post a pic. Haven't been on any forums for quite sometime, but used to be able to do it on other forums.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

Ok, now I do see that your avatar is the 308/328 "shape", but with my eyes not what they used to be, even using specs, the dark color and the short comings of my monitor, very hard for me to make out details.

Here's an excerpt from the FAQ page about posting images:

" Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag."

I've posted pics here before using photobucket. http://s71.photobucket.com/ kind of a round-a-bout way of doing it, but I don't think the site has it's own hosting server, so you have to use a remote storage site, which seems to work most of the time. Some images may disappear as has happened in some older threads, but that's just the risk involved in off-site storage.

Anyway, not a big deal. There are many, many pics from paradise here on the pages of MM, thanks to all who have taken the time to make them available.

Everybody's are special, as I know yours are to you. If you get an opportunity to share some, so much the better. 8)

Again, good to see you here, don't be shy!

Mahalo & Aloha! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rocket
Lieutenant

#5 Post by Rocket »

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome Rocket!!

One of my bucket list things is to visit Hawaii, gotta love a job that gets you there. :D

I even got the go ahead from Mrs. Conch to rent the Ferrari, where did you get yours from?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rocket
Lieutenant

#7 Post by Rocket »

Thanks Conch!

I think that business went under. There are still a few that rent though. No 308/328's that I could find in a recent search though. 360's and newer and unfortunately more expensive. I would tell you what I rented it for but you will be upset when start looking at current rental prices. Sorry.

That said, I highly recommend it. One of my best memories was when we were in a line of traffic on a two lane road and came to a passing zone. Right about that time, a guy (passenger) in front of me came through his sun roof with a camcorder to get some good video of the Ferrari behind him. At that time, the passing lane cleared, I down shifted and floored it! I hope it made his day. Put a huge smile on my face!