Magnum Mania transfer of ownership

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Magnum Mania transfer of ownership

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Dear fellow Magnum Maniacs,

Life has taken me in a new direction, so I won't be running the site anymore. The site is now owned and maintained by longtime MM forum member, and all around good guy, Doc Ibold (Steve)! Steve's email address is: steve@magnum-mania.com. I will be staying on as a part-time "consultant" and will provide help when needed.

I started this site back in 2005 on an old PC in my spare time. I created it partly out of a desire to sharpen my HTML and CSS skills in a fun way, but also out of a desire to try an create a place for any and all things Magnum P.I. A special show like Magnum deserved it and by golly the World Wide Web was the place to do it in. It was, and still is, my favorite show of all-time. The site has grown bigger than I ever could have imagined it would. And I have put more hours into than I ever imagined I would! Same goes for the Forum. What a great place it has become. Magnum fans are the best! I'm so proud.

Anyway, the site isn't going anywhere (thanks to Doc Ibold) and I'll still be around in a limited capacity.

Cheers,

J.J. Walters
October 7, 2014
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Magnum Mania transfer of ownership

#2 Post by marlboro »

Well, you've done a fantastic job with the site. It's really impressive that you have managed to keep it going all of these years. It's too bad more classic shows don't have fans like you who are willing to go the extra mile to keep their memory alive.

Turkey
Admiral

#3 Post by Turkey »

Hey J,

I haven't been here long but I've really got a lot of value from the site, thanks for starting it and great to hear Doc is keeping it going!
Make it two weeks.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

James: Good luck in whatever new ventures you choose to pursue.

A heartfelt thanks goes out to you too, for creating a great place for those of us obsessed with the show and all things "Magnum" related.

Glad to hear you will still be here, even if in a reduced capacity.

I don't think you could have chosen any better recipient than Doc Ibold to pass the torch to.

We will rest assured that it is in capable hands, and we will still have a place to share, discover and reminisce about any and all things Magnum related. That's a good thing! :higgins:

Very appropriate farewell scene there marlboro, though I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks forward to future posts by Mr. Walters!

Thanks for the memories! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Many thanks James for creating and sharing this fantastic site with all of us.
I wish you the very best in the future. I'm guessing that more fishing will be part of your free time......ENJOY!!!

Congratulations Steve/Doc! Looking forward to more Kenji files! I think the main page News section should have a piece on James passing the keys to the "Ferrari" over to you.

Best wishes to both of you!

Kenji
Last edited by KENJI on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by 308GUY »

Ok, who's going to be the first to start a thread about Doc actually being JJ Walters........ :magnum:

Sorry, just couldn't resist. "I woke up one day at 64 and realized I'd never really been 24".........if you buy that, I got some ocean front property in AZ...... 8)

:lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#7 Post by rubber chicken »

You've created a great site James, and set a great tone in the forum as well. This is a special corner of the web because of all the effort you've put into it.

Now that you've reached retirement, it's a perfect time to make a pilgrimage to Oahu. :)

Doc Ibold is a great choice to continue what you've started. Here's to Magnum Mania!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#8 Post by marlboro »

He'll be back in a couple of years with a new personality and a cheesy mustache.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Dear fellow Magnum Maniacs,

Life has taken me in a new direction, so I won't be running the site anymore. The site is now owned and maintained by longtime MM forum member, and all around good guy, Doc Ibold (Steve)! Steve's email address is: steve@magnum-mania.com. I will be staying on as a part-time "consultant" and will provide help when needed.

I started this site back in 2005 on an old PC in my spare time. I created it partly out of a desire to sharpen my HTML and CSS skills in a fun way, but also out of a desire to try an create a place for any and all things Magnum P.I. A special show like Magnum deserved it and by golly the World Wide Web was the place to do it in. It was, and still is, my favorite show of all-time. The site has grown bigger than I ever could have imagined it would. And I have put more hours into than I ever imagined I would! Same goes for the Forum. What a great place it has become. Magnum fans are the best! I'm so proud.

Anyway, the site isn't going anywhere (thanks to Doc Ibold) and I'll still be around in a limited capacity.

Cheers,

J.J. Walters
October 7, 2014
Thank you for all your efforts J.J.! You truly have created an excellent tribute to one of the great TV shows of all time and couldn't have made a better choice in a major domo for this virtual estate than Doc.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors, this site will always shine as a testament to your efforts and love of the show.

Congratulations Doc! I can't think of a better person to oversee this site going forward.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#10 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

James,

Thanks for your hard work and dedication over the years. You have done amazing things with this site, and I know you have left in good hands with Steve. I'll say so long but not goodbye, as I am sure we'll still see you around.

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#11 Post by Kwai Bridge »

I thank you for creating this site. It truly has become an official Magnum authority. :wink:

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Stelth »

I want to thank JJ for creating this place and Doc for carrying the torch and keeping it going.

MikeS
Admiral

#13 Post by MikeS »

+1 for everything said to this point.

Thank you JJ for your hard work, and I hope your free time is profitable for you and yours.

Doc, thank you for your contributions so far, and to come.

Mike
MikeS

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

I don't know why exactly but . . . .

http://youtu.be/FP0-XWHkTdc
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04