How old is the average Magnum Maniac?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How old are you?

0-10
No votes
11-20
3%
21-30
12%
31-40
24%
41-50
41%
51-60
10%
61-70
8%
71-80
No votes
81-90
1%
91-100 (now this has got to be pushing it, right?)
No votes
100+ (if you're voting this option, kudos to you!)
No votes

Total votes: 145

Jelly Doughnuts
Lieutenant Commander

How old is the average Magnum Maniac?

#1 Post by Jelly Doughnuts »

I'm 29 and sadly don't know anyone in my age group who is even remotely interested in Magnum :( I even met one guy my age who had never even heard of Magnum PI, can you imagine??? A wasted life... :wink: The only people in my life who I can discuss Magnum with are my father in-law and step-ish father, a sad state of affairs really! So, am I really alone in being a "younger" person who loves Magnum? is there any hope for the next generation? :P

It would be great to see an average age of Magnum lovers so, how old are you?

Apologies if this has already been done, I did have alook and couldn't see anything similar.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Danno »

I'm 32- so close enough to your age group...
I remember Magnum being on TV as a kid, but I was into Transformers and Star Wars. It wasn't until my 20s and Magnum came on DVD that I got into it!

I still haven't seen Season 8. I'm holding off for a little while longer- there were a few Season 4 episodes I missed somehow as well.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Jelly Doughnuts
Lieutenant Commander

#3 Post by Jelly Doughnuts »

Hey Dan! I actually remember my dad watching Magnum on tv in the 80's but back then I didn't have much interest either, Punky Brewster and You Can't Do That on Television were much more up my alley at the time :D

I hope my daughter's love for the show helps carry Magnum through another generation!

I wish I'd held off on watching Season 8, I hate knowing there is nothing left now, so final :(

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Lt Tanaka »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

42 tomorrow.

HigginsIII
Lieutenant

#6 Post by HigginsIII »

I'm 51 years old.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Early 40's

I don't think you'll find too many Magnum fans younger than 30. TM just isn't "hip" enough. He doesn't even have any tattoos! ;)

Still, younger fans are out there!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by AmandaByNight »

I'm turning 40 this year. Yikes.

I watched it at the beginning. My parents were big fans. I really didn't come to love it as much as I do though until about 1/2 way into its original run when they started airing it everyday on a local channel.

When I was a kid, I loved cop shows like Streets of San Francisco and Harry-O. Magnum and Rockford were the lighter ones of course, but I watched 'em all!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#9 Post by Agatha »

Just turned 63! I watched Magnum "the first time around" whenever my ex didn't have other plans for the TV.

Ten years ago I found my self in a TERRIBLE situation! I bought a house that was not...and still is not...in an area that is serviced by cable. So I went looking for SOMETHING to watch and stumbled upon DVDs...and, more specifically, Magnum PI DVDs!! Started with the first four seasons and only added the last four a couple of years ago.

I agree that having watched them all is a let-down...no closure...and leaves me YEARNING for an original cast movie. But there are a couple of great episodes in those last seasons, too, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss them.

Good topic, Jelly Doughnuts!

The Old Broad

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by Olivier »

38 this year.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Danno »

J.J. Walters wrote:He doesn't even have any tattoos!
Alex O'Loughlin?
Jelly Doughnuts wrote: I wish I'd held off on watching Season 8, I hate knowing there is nothing left now, so final :(
I was in the DVD store today and picked Season 8 up... and then put it down again. I picked it up again... and then put it down again... not yet. :lol:

I should also add my wife! She's 26 and enjoys Mags.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

JT
Captain

#12 Post by JT »

I'm 29 years old. It's the same here with me Jelly Doughnuts, none of my friends watch Magnum. When I was younger I never watched, last year I started watching Magnum and was hooked 8).

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#13 Post by Pahonu »

AmandaByNight wrote:I'm turning 40 this year. Yikes.

I watched it at the beginning. My parents were big fans. I really didn't come to love it as much as I do though until about 1/2 way into its original run when they started airing it everyday on a local channel.

When I was a kid, I loved cop shows like Streets of San Francisco and Harry-O. Magnum and Rockford were the lighter ones of course, but I watched 'em all!
Spooky Amanda, you stole my life story, and I mean every bit of what you wrote including your age. But did you sit on your dad's lap at age 7 or 8 and watch reruns of The Wild, Wild West with him? :)

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by AmandaByNight »

Pahonu wrote:
AmandaByNight wrote:I'm turning 40 this year. Yikes.

Spooky Amanda, you stole my life story, and I mean every bit of what you wrote including your age. But did you sit on your dad's lap at age 7 or 8 and watch reruns of The Wild, Wild West with him? :)
lol. No I didn't. I didn't even see Wild, Wild West until I was an adult, which is funny because it was right up my parents' alley. I remember watching My Favorite Martian with my dad when I was little, even younger than 7. Around then I think we were watching Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers together...

The good old days...

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I'm 36. Used to watch Magnum when I was a kid, but not religiously. In the early years it was on past my bed time anyway! I thought I had watched most episodes in rerun throughout the '80s, but watching them on DVD made me realize how many I'd never seen.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.