Episode Question

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

Episode Question

#1 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Does anyone remember the episode where Higgins leaves the estate and gives Magnum a sampler of cheap wines to keep him out of the cellar? Thanks!

Kate Sullivan
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Episode Question

#2 Post by Kate Sullivan »

I think it's Mad Dogs and Englishmen (season 6).

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks Kate!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I just watched the episode and this wasn't it. I'll keep digging

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Ok my memory and facts aren't great as the years go by. Higgins did give Magnum an assortment of wines to keep him out of the cellar, but he did not leave the estate. It was because he was having a wine tasting. The episode is Jororo Kill Season 2

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:05 pm Ok my memory and facts aren't great as the years go by. Higgins did give Magnum an assortment of wines to keep him out of the cellar, but he did not leave the estate. It was because he was having a wine tasting. The episode is Jororo Kill Season 2
I thought it was an earlier episode when you posted the question, but didn’t know which. Sometimes these side stories are not as closely related to the main plot as others are, so (I hear you :lol: ) it’s hard to remember. I recall seeing this as an adolescent and all of Higgins’ wine talk sounded so erudite and sophisticated. I know so much more about wine now, my wife having worked at Santa Barbara Winery when we were dating, that his comments seem very basic. “White wine for fish and fowl, red wine for meat if the same color” I suppose it was to patronize TM, but he did make a glaring mistake in his comment on bottle shock. It generally happens in the transfer of whites from barrel to bottle and goes away in a few weeks. It definitely doesn’t happen with wines that have been cellared as the episode shows. It was a different time though. California winemaking had only recently achieved the world stage and most Americans knew very little about the topic. Regardless, my favorite part of that subplot is at the end with Rick and TC setting off the gas in the wine cellar while trying to listen in on the tasting! :lol:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That was hilarious. I'm sure TM had to sacrifice the tennis courts or said wine cellar for their blunder.