Is it my imagination...

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by Dervish »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I agree. I don't think things have been as active. Maybe Magnum needs to return to Sleuth, WGN, or something of the sort to help boost interest among most people.
That would be great (I enjoy watching it on networks even though I have all the DVDs). Retro TV Network lost a couple of affiliates, one in New York, so fewer would be able to see it that way.

The good news is Hulu is hosting season 1! I would definitely support viewership figures by watching it there, and share the Hulu link with your friends who haven't seen Magnum P.I. yet.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

I've added the Hulu link to the site.

I should add that although the number of hits to the forum have been (slightly) declining, the number of hits and unique visits to the main site have been steadily increasing each month. This is mainly due to the increasing number of sites that link to MM, the increasing presence of MM on various Google (and Yahoo) search pages and Wikipedia pages. A lot of the images on MM also show up in Google searches, which helps increase traffic.

I get emails from people not on the forum all the time, so the site is doing well. It has more traffic than I ever could have imagined when I started this thing!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Danno »

G'day James!

Things are good in Australia- the dust storms were extreme. We woke up one morning and it was like being on Mars! We're heading into summer here.

My wife and I have started watching an episode of Mags each night- we're still holding off on watching Season 8 which neither of us have seen yet. Don't want it all to end just yet.

Planning our visit to Hawaii and been using Rubber Chicken's amazing research to establish some key locations we can't miss.

The site has a whole lot more information than when I was reading it last.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Guilty as charged.

I check in from time to time, but not nearly as often as before.

With the new TV season beginning and football, I've put my Magnum watching on hold partway through season 7. I haven't had much to offer in the mean time.

Sorry!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#15 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

First it was summer travel; then I started a new job. Now that the weather is turning cooler here in New England, I'll be back on line more often. I've been waiting many years to finally see season 8...I think this winter will be the perfect time. I'll share the experience with the forum.

MrMoustache
Commander

#16 Post by MrMoustache »

Netflix only shows on average 6-12 of each season online. I'm not 100% sure why (perhaps copyrighted material) but I burned through it pretty quickly and it was really easy to indulge that "what's going to happen next?" excitement. Now I'm crawling through the snail mail trying to catch up on episodes they didn't show.

Curiously, most of the ones not shown online on Netflix are the "big" ones: the high rated ones and the ones with the big plot elements and story arcs. Laura, Did you see the sunrise?, Unfinished Business ect... Heck only 2-3 from season 8 are online, Tigers Fan and two more...