Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

#221 Post by Nikita70 »

Just started watching season one. I’ve now seen about six episodes. Really enjoying it so far. The scenery is great. Episodes are well written, good actors and guest stars. Might be in for the long haul on this one.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#222 Post by Frodoleader »

I've started watching some of the original H5O recently (I watched it religiously during its first run back in the day) and after being subjected to current police procedures, a la Law & Order, Blue Bloods, etc. for s few years, I'm shocked at what they did to solve their crimes. Just seems so out of place now. Plus an observation: McGarrett was something a of a dick!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#223 Post by Nikita70 »

Finished the first season, really liked it. As far as solving crimes it’s just a tv show and they didn’t have near the tools they have today. McGarrett could be a hardass for sure. I read he was considered for Captain Kirk but he wanted Roddenberry to give him 50% of the show. Needless to say that didn’t happen.

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#224 Post by Nikita70 »

Bought the complete set. In season two and it’s just getting better and better.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#225 Post by J.J. Walters »

I've been enjoying the show again over-the-air on MeTV. I ditched cable (again) recently. This time for good! :) It airs M-F at 6PM EST. It's so fun to see all those 70's-era filming locations on Oahu!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#226 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:I've been enjoying the show again over-the-air on MeTV. I ditched cable (again) recently. This time for good! :) It airs M-F at 6PM EST. It's so fun to see all those 70's-era filming locations on Oahu!
It is also interesting to see the incredible list of great actors they had as guest stars............

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#227 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, definitely! So many great guest stars! Just absolutely loving watching this show again! CLASSIC! :)

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#228 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

OK, this is COOL. I had NO idea. Turns out Herman Wedemeyer, the "original" Duke on the "original" Five-0 was a college football star in the 1940's. He even finished 4th place in the Heisman Trophy vote. He's the first Native Hawaiian to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, and also a member of the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame inaugural class. Herm had the nickname "The Flyin' Hawaiian" decades before Shane Victorino was even born!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dpm2qSLHo8

I'm a Boxley Girl....

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#229 Post by J.J. Walters »

Came home from a long day at work today and was delighted to see the Wo Fat tsunami episode on MeTV! Such a classic episode, and one that features Pahonu! This made my day! :)

So weird, because yesterday I picked up this at my favorite used book store on my lunch break (1971). Fate, karma, whatever you call it... it's out there! :)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#230 Post by Steve »

You know what James, I was watching Jeopardy and scrolling thru the guide during a commercial and saw that episode would be on. I remembered it as one with The Estate shown and was looking forward to watching then,..... my wife got home from work and dog gone if she didn't Kenji me and make me go out and water the lawn :cry:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#231 Post by 308GUY »

Steve wrote:You know what James, I was watching Jeopardy and scrolling thru the guide during a commercial and saw that episode would be on. I remembered it as one with The Estate shown and was looking forward to watching then,..... my wife got home from work and dog gone if she didn't Kenji me and make me go out and water the lawn :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got "Kenji'd"!! :lol:

That's the funniest thing I've seen yet this year!

"Just great"! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#232 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:You know what James, I was watching Jeopardy and scrolling thru the guide during a commercial and saw that episode would be on. I remembered it as one with The Estate shown and was looking forward to watching then,..... my wife got home from work and dog gone if she didn't Kenji me and make me go out and water the lawn :cry:
Good one Steve......I should know! :wink: :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#233 Post by KENJI »

J.J. Walters wrote:Came home from a long day at work today and was delighted to see the Wo Fat tsunami episode on MeTV! Such a classic episode, and one that features Pahonu! This made my day! :)

So weird, because yesterday I picked up this at my favorite used book store on my lunch break (1971). Fate, karma, whatever you call it... it's out there! :)

Hi James,

Nice find at the book store!
Any idea on how many capers were in that book series?
I agree with you.....anything Pahonu (except the demo) brightens a day! :D

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#234 Post by J.J. Walters »

There were a couple books put out in the late 60's, early 70's about the original HFO. Most are ridiculously hard to find these days in good shape.

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#235 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Looks like May 25th marks the end of Five-0 on MeTV. They're replacing it with Mama's Family & The Jeffersons at 6pm EST. I'm sad, but it just means I'll have to pop in a Five-0 DVD instead...which is better when you think about it.
I'm a Boxley Girl....