Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#166 Post by Little Garwood »

MaiTaiMan wrote:Also, I agree that it's nice CBS/Paramount did not split the "5-0" DVD sets into volumes. Another classic show that's a favorite of mine is "Perry Mason"...and every season is split into two different volumes. It gets old after a while. :?
I'm enduring the "split season syndrome" via CBS/Paramount's decision to put Bonanza through that grind...and that's a fourteen season show! I guess Gunsmoke fans have it the worst, though...twenty seasons!

My S12 is "shipping soon", so I have to wait a few more days.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#167 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

I have Hawaii 5-0 as one of my "likes" on Facebook. They just mentioned on my newsfeed that James Caan will appear in an episode next month! No details about what his role wil be (yet).
While I was looking for what his role is, I found two other news items. Comedian/talk show host Dennis Miller will guest in a H50 episode in Feb. as a retired talk show host who gets bored with his life and starts a pirate radio station. :lol:
Finally, for May sweeps, H50 and NCIS are going to have a two episode crossover starting on Hawaii and concluding in LA the next night on NCIS. :D 8)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#168 Post by Steve »

StarchedUndershirts wrote:I have Hawaii 5-0 as one of my "likes" on Facebook. They just mentioned on my newsfeed that James Caan will appear in an episode next month! No details about what his role wil be (yet).
While I was looking for what his role is, I found two other news items. Comedian/talk show host Dennis Miller will guest in a H50 episode in Feb. as a retired talk show host who gets bored with his life and starts a pirate radio station. :lol:
Finally, for May sweeps, H50 and NCIS are going to have a two episode crossover starting on Hawaii and concluding in LA the next night on NCIS. :D 8)
James Caan and Dennis Miller.........I am a big fan of both..........I wonder if Caan will have a recurring role as Danno's Father?

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#169 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Little Garwood wrote:
MaiTaiMan wrote:Also, I agree that it's nice CBS/Paramount did not split the "5-0" DVD sets into volumes. Another classic show that's a favorite of mine is "Perry Mason"...and every season is split into two different volumes. It gets old after a while. :?
I'm enduring the "split season syndrome" via CBS/Paramount's decision to put Bonanza through that grind...and that's a fourteen season show! I guess Gunsmoke fans have it the worst, though...twenty seasons!

My S12 is "shipping soon", so I have to wait a few more days.
Yeah, "Perry Mason" was a 9 season show, and CBS started releasing that show around the same time as "5-0". But, since they're doing the stupid split-volume thing with "P.M." they just now released season 6 (Volumes 1 & 2). It seems to take forever to get them all out. I guess CBS is trying to get as much $$ as possible. But, I am glad they're continuing with most of the shows...instead of starting then scrapping them like Sony does with most of their classic shows.

I have yet to get my "5-0" Season 12 set too...probably will get it at Wal-Mart in next couple days, as it's usually cheapest there.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#170 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

MaiTaiMan,
I hate the split seasons of shows as well. One way to avoid it is to wait for "Volume 2" of whatever show is released. Amazon.com bundles both volumes into a full season at half the price. That's how I purchased Vega$ The Second Season for under $50 :)

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#171 Post by MaiTaiMan »

StarchedUndershirts wrote:MaiTaiMan,
I hate the split seasons of shows as well. One way to avoid it is to wait for "Volume 2" of whatever show is released. Amazon.com bundles both volumes into a full season at half the price. That's how I purchased Vega$ The Second Season for under $50 :)
That's true...but I'm too impatient! LOL! :lol: When I hear of a season of a show I like (whether full season or split-volume set) is being released I have to get it, because I can't wait to watch it on digitally remastered DVD's.

Most of the older shows I have on old VHS tapes, taped off syndicated reruns over the years. Now that they're slowly being released to DVD, I love getting each one. However, the split season volumes are kind of annoying. :? But, as long as they finish the show, once they've started releasing it, then I won't complain too much. :wink:

I love "Vega$", and I actually have the complete series on a "homemade" DVD set I got before they decided to start releasing it officially. I also have the first season and Volume 1 of second season of the official sets. I still have to get Volume 2 of season 2. I just hope they release season 3 and finish the show! Superb Robert Urich series, that ended WAY too soon! :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#172 Post by Little Garwood »

The plug for Five-O now being officially completely out on DVD was a nice touch, James.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#173 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

MaiTaiMan wrote: I love "Vega$", and I actually have the complete series on a "homemade" DVD set I got before they decided to start releasing it officially. I also have the first season and Volume 1 of second season of the official sets. I still have to get Volume 2 of season 2. I just hope they release season 3 and finish the show! Superb Robert Urich series, that ended WAY too soon! :)
Guess what? Season 3 Volume 1 will be released on May 8th according to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

:D

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#174 Post by MaiTaiMan »

StarchedUndershirts wrote:
MaiTaiMan wrote: I love "Vega$", and I actually have the complete series on a "homemade" DVD set I got before they decided to start releasing it officially. I also have the first season and Volume 1 of second season of the official sets. I still have to get Volume 2 of season 2. I just hope they release season 3 and finish the show! Superb Robert Urich series, that ended WAY too soon! :)
Guess what? Season 3 Volume 1 will be released on May 8th according to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

:D
I know...I saw yesterday...AWESOME!!! :D I can't wait for May 8th, and I'm thrilled CBS/Paramount is most likely going to finish the show out...as this is Volume 1 of last season. But if they're going to the trouble of doing Volume 1, I can't believe they wouldn't do a Volume 2 sometime later this year.

It's too bad Robert Urich passed away so young. I'd read somewhere that before he was diagnosed with cancer, he was thinking about trying to put together a "Vega$" reunion movie (as he'd done with his "Spenser: For Hire" show), as he'd always felt "Vega$" was cancelled way too soon...the producers cancelling it just because they'd cancelled "Charlie's Angels" the same year. But, sadly the "Vega$" reunion movie never came about.

So, I'll have to get this DVD set when it comes out, and I still have yet to get my last season (season 12) DVD set of "Hawaii Five-0"! I'll have to do that sometime this week. :)

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#175 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Steve wrote:
StarchedUndershirts wrote:I have Hawaii 5-0 as one of my "likes" on Facebook. They just mentioned on my newsfeed that James Caan will appear in an episode next month! No details about what his role wil be (yet).
James Caan and Dennis Miller.........I am a big fan of both..........I wonder if Caan will have a recurring role as Danno's Father?
Just saw the preview for next week. James Caan and Dennis Miller on the same episode! :D

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#176 Post by MaiTaiMan »

StarchedUndershirts wrote:
Steve wrote:
Just saw the preview for next week. James Caan and Dennis Miller on the same episode! :D
Yeah, I'd read a while back that James Caan was going to have a guest-star role in an upcoming episode of the new show, playing Danno's father. Saw tonights episode, and the advertisment for next week...looks awesome and entertaining! :D

I think this next month is when Ed Asner is returning as August March (his character from the original series)...the month being March, of course. :wink: I'm sure that has nothing to do with it. :P

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#177 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Just stumbled across the ep which has that cameo of Gillian Dubb. (Bird in Had) She does utter a line. The memorable; "Angie! Bye!"

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#178 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Monday night, they are rebooting the "Hookman" episode. The link below has "Hookman Now and Then" photos:

[url]http://www.cbs.com/shows/hawaii_five_0/ ... /34475[url]

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

#179 Post by Sam »

Not sure if I posted this link or not..Number One With A Bullet - Dailies..

http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/bullet/

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

#180 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

For the classic H50 fans who watched it Monday-Friday on MeTV until they took it off at the beginning of the summer...they're bringing it back! Unfortunately it's only on one day a week, Sundays at 6:00 pm for Eastern/Pacific and 5:00 pm Central/Mountain.

But it gets better...they're airing Black Sheep Squadron with LM and Jeff MacKay right after it! :D

This new fall schedule starts 9/1, so the first day they'll be on is Sunday 9/7.

Eastern/Pacific schedule: http://metvnetwork.com/files/MeTV%20Nat ... %20E-P.pdf

Central/Mountain schedule: http://metvnetwork.com/files/MeTV%20Nat ... %20C-M.pdf