Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#41 Post by Italian Ice »

Ok, I saw like maybe 5, not 48! Where did you get this list? Are you sure its not the whole series? I know many know showed up later on, that would help...
I guess I can't see them
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by Sam »

Hi Ice,
Here is the list from season one MPI.These 48 actors also appeared in HFO at some point in its 12 years run.

Italian Ice

#43 Post by Italian Ice »

Ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant the other way around. 48 actors from H50 that went onto MPI. It was the other way around.

Italian Ice

#44 Post by Italian Ice »

Just watched the 3 part V For Vashon Series - well done!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by Little Garwood »

Italian Ice wrote:Just watched the 3 part V For Vashon Series - well done!
It's considered a high-water mark of the series; well, except for McGarrett's "undercover" outfit when he's "sweating out" his appeal in part 3. And I think you know which outfit I'm talking about: wide-brimmed hat...etc.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Dewey
Lieutenant Junior Grade

What the hell happened?

#46 Post by Dewey »

Yes I too am 36 and loving all of these old shows. I grew up with my mother watching alot of these shows. What the hell happened to TV? I mean I can not remember the last time I watched prime time television! Other than like say the news and Conan OBrien. Maybe my cosmic aura is stuck in another time period. Who knows, I just cant relate with the garbage thats on today. I tried to watch Americn Idol with my girlfriend and her friends, and was just sickened. Good lord someone do another show like Magnum or Twin Peaks

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Little Garwood »

Five-O's seventh season is out on DVD October 20th! We're more than halfway home in terms of getting all 12 seasons out. I don't remember any of the episodes from this middle period, so I'm looking forward to more Estate sightings and other MPI locales. And after a sixth season absence, McGarrett's arch-nemesis Wo Fat returns!

~Tom Selleck

Italian Ice

#48 Post by Italian Ice »

Wo Fat = Awesome villain name!!!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Little Garwood »

Italian Ice wrote:Wo Fat = Awesome villain name!!!
The character's awesome, too! He manages to be insidiously--as well as charmingly--evil in each of his Five-O appearances. Check out season five's "The Jinn Who Clears the Way" for some of his diabolical dealings.

~Tom Selleck

Italian Ice

#50 Post by Italian Ice »

I saw this as a kid, but don't remember much at all. I did see the first season though, will get to the others eventually.

One thing that I like are the creative title names on the show, for the most part.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by Little Garwood »

Italian Ice wrote:I saw this as a kid, but don't remember much at all. I did see the first season though, will get to the others eventually.

One thing that I like are the creative title names on the show, for the most part.
The DVDs are often on sale for $24.99, so keep an eye out. Wo Fat appears twice in the third season, in a two-parter in the fourth, but he does not appear in the sixth season, though overrall that year is still a strong one, especially where the musical underscore is concerned--alternately funky, avant-garde/experimental, and rhythmic music, if you're into that sort of sound--I am!

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#52 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I'm too young to have found an interest in 5-O. But given the widespread recognition of the show, it must have been well done.

I'll probably give it a go once the time is right.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Little Garwood »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I'm too young to have found an interest in 5-O. But given the widespread recognition of the show, it must have been well done.
You're never too young! Don't limit yourself to interests within your own generation, because you'll miss out on a whole lot of amazing stuff. Ever watch movies from the 1930s, 40s etc? If not, there's a whole world out there waiting for you to explore it.

As for Five-O, I'd be happy to give you recommendations should you ever decide to give it a try. I think you'll like it based on the MPI location similarities alone! :)

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#54 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:I'm too young to have found an interest in 5-O. But given the widespread recognition of the show, it must have been well done.
You're never too young! Don't limit yourself to interests within your own generation, because you'll miss out on a whole lot of amazing stuff. Ever watch movies from the 1930s, 40s etc? If not, there's a whole world out there waiting for you to explore it.

As for Five-O, I'd be happy to give you recommendations should you ever decide to give it a try. I think you'll like it based on the MPI location similarities alone! :)
I meant during the first run... I'm always checking out older movies and tv shows.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#55 Post by SelleckLover »

Little Garwood wrote:
Ever watch movies from the 1930s, 40s etc?
I think that the reason those movies were so good is that they didn't have special effects or CGI to rely on. The plots HAD to be good to hold everyone's interest. There are so many from the 30's and 40's that I can't name them all, but Dark Horse (1932) and Jezebel (1938)with Bette Davis and Leave Her to Heaven with Gene Tierney are some of my faves. Anything with Joan Crawford in it comes to mind also. She was an outstanding actress. A good mother? Uhhh, not so much! :D