Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#61 Post by J.J. Walters »

Little Garwood wrote:Received my seventh season DVDs yesterday...
Major jealousy here, Garwood!

Hey, can you get a screen cap of Elissa Dulce Hoopai in "We Hang Our Own". ;)

In "Bomb, Bomb...", Seth Sakai is credited as "Himself". I wonder what the story is behind that?

"Computer Killer" - I've been dying to see this episode for years! The killer uses an ADDS Envoy portable computer "dumb" terminal and a car mobile phone to break into the Hawaii Motor Vehicle Dept! This was 1974!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by Little Garwood »

James J. Walters wrote:Major jealousy here, Garwood!

Hey, can you get a screen cap of Elissa Dulce Hoopai in "We Hang Our Own". ;)
!
I don't have screncap technology yet, but I'm sure you know that Elissa Dulce appears in S6's "Nightmare in Blue."

"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#63 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, that's some long double ponytails and some low-riding pants! :shock: Thanks!

Garwood, you have the technology. You can do it. I have faith in you.

Get yourself a copy of the VLC Media Player (free) - http://vlc.idownload.org/?gclid=CIiVlY6 ... DAodBh84rQ

Follow the simple instructions listed here - http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Take_S ... r_33186626 - to take a snaphot (screen cap).

Upload your image to a public web server that hosts images. I recommend ImageChicken (you know, because of the rubber chicken and all). It's easy, free, no sign-up needed, and it works great. Browse to the image file, then click 'Upload'. Once your image is uploaded, copy the full text string that is in the 'Forum Code' field and paste it into the Magnum Mania! forum thread where you want it to be. Surround it with the IMG tag - [img]in%20the%20front,[/img] at the end. Done!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by Little Garwood »

Eugene Roche sighting on the seventh season episode, "A Woman's Work is With a Gun"! He's a caveman husband and The Man Who Became Luther Gillis has long, matted, and fried-looking gray hair. He's a real jerk in this; definitely not our Luther!

~Tom Selleck

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#65 Post by Agatha »

This is a great topic!! Has the makings of a site of it's own...or maybe there is one - ???

Anyway...back a couple of months ago somebody said that the actor who played Lt. Tanaka...can't say his name right now and didn't do my research before I started my post...was a bad guy on Hawaii 5-0. So I put that series on my Netflix queue and have started to watch them. Of course, I later realized that Tanaka doesn't show up until the later seasons but I started with Season 1 so I'll get to him sooner or later.

I, too, have been enjoying seeing familiar faces and scenery but want to tell you about one episode that, while it does tie to Magnum, also ties to one of my favorite movies, too.

The episode is called Sweet Terror and is about a bad guy, Stoss...played by Theodore Bickel...who is going to spray a fungus on the cane fields in an attempt to ruin Hawaii's sugar industry so the world will have to buy sugar from another country...which remains nameless. (I hear that the labor unions actually have managed to accomplish the ruination of Hawaii's sugar industry without Theodore Bickel's help.)

Anyway...lots of familiar faces in this episode and the Anderson Estate. But the great scene is where McGarrett has located Stoss at the Anderson Estate and tells him that he's under arrest. There are about four of Stoss's cohorts standing with guns trained on McGarrett so when he tells Stoss that he's under arrest, he starts to laugh.

Boy, did I get a "deja vu" out of that!! It's just like when Brian Keith told Theodore Bickel that he was under arrest in The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming. Theodore Bickel laughed that time too...he was standing on the deck of a Russian submarine with his guns trained on a town full of men with rifles at the time!!

Looking forward to seeing more of the episodes...and more of the actors that I know from Magnum PI!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Paradise Found
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#66 Post by Paradise Found »

I loved watching 5-0 when I was a kid. In fact I can remember seeing in London England when I was about 6 years old. I have always liked the show and have now started to pick up the DVD box sets.

The winters here are long and cold and shows like 5-0 and MPI make it a little easier to get through.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by Little Garwood »

I pre-ordered Five-O's eighth season today. It's due out March 16, 2010. Amazon had it for $38.99 and that's one of the cheaper prices. I'd seen it up at $44.99 not a few days before.

Usually, after working through an entire season on DVD, I take a couple month break and then I'm renewed and rarin' to watch it again. I'm due to journey through the seventh season again and see if what I didn't like initially is any better to me the second time around. The seventh season is the first time that a Five-O season was IMO more average than above average.

And James, thanks once again for the screencap info!

~Tom Selleck

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by Little Garwood »

J.J. Walters wrote:Garwood, you have the technology. You can do it. I have faith in you.

Get yourself a copy of the VLC Media Player (free) - http://vlc.idownload.org/?gclid=CIiVlY6 ... DAodBh84rQ

Follow the simple instructions listed here - http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Take_S ... r_33186626 - to take a snaphot (screen cap).
Thanks for the information, James! I downloaded the Media Player and did a trial run on a 1938 Porky Pig cartoon, Porky at the Crocadero and got some great screencaps of Porky in Cab Calloway mode. The entire process took only a few minutes and screencaps were a snap.

I haven't watched Five-O in a couple months but with S8 on the horizon, I'll be catching up and re-watching favorites from the previous seven seasons, with screencaps to follow.

~Tom Selleck

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#69 Post by J.J. Walters »

Cool, way to go Garwood! :)

If you want some more practice, I'd love to see screen caps from any (or all) of the following from Season Seven...

Sheree North, "A Hawaiian Nightmare"
Sam Elliott, "The Two-Faced Corpse"
Kwan Hi Lim, "Bones of Contention", "6,000 Deadly Tickets"
Eugene Roche, "A Woman's Work Is with a Gun"
Linda Purl, "The Hostage"

If not, that's ok, too. ;)

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by Little Garwood »

J.J. Walters wrote:Cool, way to go Garwood! :)

Eugene Roche, "A Woman's Work Is with a Gun"
Anything for a pal!

Here's the first time we see Eugene Roche's character, Ed Hudson.

~Tom Selleck

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by Little Garwood »

Sheree North in "A Hawaiian Nightmare":

~Tom Selleck

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#72 Post by J.J. Walters »

You gotta love those shirts of the 1970s! Thanks Garwood! :)

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by MACattack »

This show is MPI's Grandpa!
I just don't give a damn!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by Little Garwood »

Linda Purl in "The Hostage"--my favorite episode of S7. Miss Purl's entirely too hot for just one picture...

~Tom Selleck

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#75 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow! :shock: