Hart to Hart

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Hart to Hart

#1 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I couldn't find a thread for this show so I decided to start one. I started watching Hart to Hart for the first time from the beginning on FeTV last week. It ended when I was 7 so I only have a vague memory that my mom kinda liked it. So far, I think it's pretty entertaining with a cute Nick & Nora Charles feel. The episode I watched tonight, "You Made Me Kill You" had Kathleen Lloyd as the guest star/villain. She played a woman obsessed with Jonathan and wanted to get rid of Jennifer. Kathleen played it totally believable when it could have been a really over the top caricature. She was really cute too, but midway thru the episode she changed her hair to look more like Stephanie/Jennifer's ugly bouffant! Jennifer had a great wardrobe, but that hair was bad! :)

MikeS
Admiral

Re: Hart to Hart

#2 Post by MikeS »

Been watching a bit of H2H myself, I enjoy it mostly because it's a blast from the past. I'm not sure if I'm simply becoming less interested in entertainment in general but I'm not really too excited like I thought (and hoped) I'd be about some of the old shows. When El Ray (?) was airing Starsky & Hutch I looked forward to it but it was just too slow I guess but I quit watching after only a few episodes. There's a channel in the 380s - Aspiration (???), has been airing Mod Squad, tuned in for a few eps but it didn'y hold my interest now like it did in years past.

Still great shows, all of em, I guess I've moved on, not sure for what exactly.
MikeS

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KingKC »

If I remember correctly when CNN did its special on the "Eighties" it gave MPI short shrift and combined it with shows like Hart to Hart and Remington Steele as far as private detective shows go. I never put MPI in that category. I agree with what MikeS says about some of the older shows. I started watching reruns of Simon and Simon a few months ago and really found them to be quite slow moving even though I thoroughly enjoyed watching them as reruns in the 1995 and 1996.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I would never put Hart to Hart in the same category as MPI; it's way too "fluffy, but it's kind of a fun show.

I know what you mean about some old shows being "too slow", except I don't really think that's the right description. Last fall I was watching Miami Vice on El Rey and gave up on it season 3. I don't know why I couldn't get into it. I love the setting and the colors and I've always liked Don Johnson, but it just didn't suck me in. It sounds crazy to say Miami Vice is "too slow," but I don't know what else to call it.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hart to Hart has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's just so comforting. Lionel Stander and Freeway are the icing on the cake. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!