PRIVATE EYES

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

PRIVATE EYES

#1 Post by KingKC »

Last night (Sunday) I saw a private detective show called "Private Eyes" on ION TV. I thought it was a new show but it turns out that it was being broadcast in Canada for the last couple of years. It is a combination comedy-drama with former hockey player teaming up with an intense female private detective. I think ION is showing a couple of previous episodes a week on Sunday night and maybe Tuesday night. It is the first private detective show, not connected with the police such as Monk or Psych, I have run across in a while.

MikeS
Admiral

Re: PRIVATE EYES

#2 Post by MikeS »

Stumbled across the show myself, I like it, watched the 3 eps ION has aired so far. I believe a new season is in the works??? Cindy Sampson is kinda cute so I overlook her acting but some who really like the show have said she might be the low point. The family dynamic Priestley juggles is reminiscent, with a twist, of a show recently canceled.

Jason Priestley plays Shade, Cindy Sampson plays Everett. The Canadians love the show because it's a full blown Canadian production - it's filmed in Toronto, the main cast are all Canadians. When I was reading reviews the common them was "unlike Psych which filmed in Canada but pretended to be a US city, Private Eyes is proud to show off Toronto".

It's worth a watch.
MikeS

MikeS
Admiral

Re: PRIVATE EYES

#3 Post by MikeS »

Not that anyone cares, but as they say a show either grows on or off you, PE has grown off, its fallen off like a dried wart (for me)!

I've watched the reruns as they prepare to launch season 3???... PE has become tiresome, kinda' preachy, indirectly, quietly - and cliche'. So as not to offend I'll leave it at that. It may very well be Jason Priestly and Cindy Sampson aren't big enough stars to pull off redundancy and make it enjoyable to watch... maybe 2 other actors could because you simply like seeing their faces on TV.

Don't know, and your mileage may vary :)
MikeS