The Code

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

The Code

#1 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I watched this JAG knockoff and it was not good. The lead was blah, the story had more holes than swiss cheese, the uniforms were sloppy, and everybody mumbles their lines. Squeaky was only in two scenes. Still, I may watch it next week because it's going to move into the MPI reboot's timeslot and I want CBS to get the hint that something else might do better! :wink:

Edited to add: That is the worst version of Watchtower I've ever heard!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Code

#2 Post by Laohu »

I missed the beginning and tuned in late . I only watched about 5 to 10 mins and turned it off . To be fair since I missed the beginning I would be willing to try to watch it again but don’t think I will go out of my way to do it .

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KingKC »

I wasn't all that impressed. The actors did talk too fast and they were a little too dramatically contentious so the writing lacks in my opinion. At one point I noticed that the defendant had been continually referred to as a Commander but only had two stripes on his sleeve indicating a Lieutenant. At another point the show reminded me of the new Magnum as the scenes shifted quickly. What is it with the new dramas? They seems to want constantly moving scenes and action and that leaves no time for character development. Unfortunately I will probably continue to watch because there is so little else to watch on TV and the rest of the stuff is even worse. Also, Dana Delaney and her role left a lot to be desired. Another "meh" show.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KingKC »

A little bit better this week. I wonder if they are going to be taking a transport to the Mideast for every show?! It was another unique set of facts in the case. I like that. It looked like they were going to make the show a serial type show when they opened with "previously on the Code" but I didn't see the second show tying into the first. The last scene with Dana Delaney's son obviously being killed in action was pretty much a shocker. I am going to give this show a chance.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Finally watched episode 2. It wasn't awful, but this show sure does have a bland look to it. The lighting is really bright and dark lighting is something that usually irritates me, but this show seems super BRIGHT. I'm also laughing at the checkmarks in "diversity" casting.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Chris109 »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Finally watched episode 2. It wasn't awful, but this show sure does have a bland look to it. The lighting is really bright and dark lighting is something that usually irritates me, but this show seems super BRIGHT. I'm also laughing at the checkmarks in "diversity" casting.
Talking about diversity. In The Walking Dead, I realize that there are no white, heterosexual couples left during the zombie apocalypse.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KingKC »

Chris109 wrote:
MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Finally watched episode 2. It wasn't awful, but this show sure does have a bland look to it. The lighting is really bright and dark lighting is something that usually irritates me, but this show seems super BRIGHT. I'm also laughing at the checkmarks in "diversity" casting.
Talking about diversity. In The Walking Dead, I realize that there are no white, heterosexual couples left during the zombie apocalypse.

If you want to see more diversity check out Proven Innocent.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KingKC »

I think this one is getting better and better. If anyone else is watching do think Dana Delaney (or her character) has waaaaaaay too much makeup on? She almost looks like a ghost to me.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I'm still watching, but I don't think it's getting better. :lol: I agree that Dana looks pasty, but I don't think any of these actors look believable as military personnel. They all look like they're just wearing costumes and the Harper Lee joke is old already. Apparently, actual military personnel and veterans are having a lot of fun with the show on twitter.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KingKC »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:I'm still watching, but I don't think it's getting better. :lol: I agree that Dana looks pasty, but I don't think any of these actors look believable as military personnel. They all look like they're just wearing costumes and the Harper Lee joke is old already. Apparently, actual military personnel and veterans are having a lot of fun with the show on twitter.
Not trying to be contentious or sarcastic but I have learned to accept that TV is just a lot of people wearing costumes and acting like they are something they are not. I imagine doctors have a field day with medical shows and lawyers have a field day with legal shows. Either that or they just get disgusted with how much reality these kind of shows actually lack. I always thought the show Barney Miller was a complete joke but heard that a lot of cops liked it because it portrayed a lot of screwy people that cops have to put up with. The part I like about this show so far are the plots and the twists. I think serious issues (social as well as military) are put forth for the dramatic part of the show.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Not trying to be contentious or sarcastic but I have learned to accept that TV is just a lot of people wearing costumes and acting like they are something they are not.
Yeah, I know; but some shows and actors are better at it than others. :wink: