The Invaders

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

The Invaders

#1 Post by Chris109 »

I've been watching The Invaders (1967-1968) recently. One episode is called The Prophet. It has Pat Hingle as the prophet. If you know the show, one way to tell if a person was an 'Invader' was a problem with the fingers on one of their hands. Hingle was discovered to be an alien cause he was missing his pinky on his left hand. So I watched Garwood Huddle and sumbitch, he really was missing his pinky. And they didn't try to hide it like James Doohan's missing middle finger in Star Trek.
So I guess Garwood is an alien.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Invaders

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:I've been watching The Invaders (1967-1968) recently. One episode is called The Prophet. It has Pat Hingle as the prophet. If you know the show, one way to tell if a person was an 'Invader' was a problem with the fingers on one of their hands. Hingle was discovered to be an alien cause he was missing his pinky on his left hand. So I watched Garwood Huddle and sumbitch, he really was missing his pinky. And they didn't try to hide it like James Doohan's missing middle finger in Star Trek.
So I guess Garwood is an alien.

Chris, The Invaders deserves to be much better known but it seems to have slipped between the cracks.
Pat Hingle has got to be one of the all time great character actors, which modern TV mostly doesn't develop anymore because you have to pay them
much more than some journeyman actor you never heard of. Hingle was living in NYC and fell down a elevator shaft and should have died, it took him
over a year to recover and the doctors called it a miracle. He lost his finger in the incident.
Harold Lloyd lost two fingers when a "prop" bomb he was holding went off. MASH's Cary Burghoff's left hand has 3 deformed fingers which is why on MASH
his hands are either in his pockets - a no-no in the army - all the time or he holds a clipboard in his left hand.
Hallie Berry isn't missing any digits, rather she has extra toes, while the reason why the entire population of Homer Simpson's hometown of Springfield
has just four fingers on each hand remains a mystery.

-------------------------------------
Killer William Palmer as he eyed his hastily erected, swaying gallows in 1856 - "Are you sure it's safe?"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Invaders

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
I see METV is now running The Invaders on Sunday night at midnight. In France they revere this series the way we do the original Star Trek.
If only the Coen Brothers would do a movie version.

--------------------------------------------------------
Sound Familiar? Department -
Michael Lanyard(Warren William): "This next case should be a good one, Rita. It seems our client believes a famous author is having all his books
ghost written by a family servant."
....The Lone Wolf