FETV

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MikeS
Admiral

FETV

#1 Post by MikeS »

Recently a new channel had popped up on our DirecTV guide, FETV (Family Entertainment), I suppose it's similiar to METV, Cozi, and others that have emerged re-airing the golden oldies. It isn't 24 hours but while it's on you're treated to such shows as Perry Mason, Hazel, The Lone Ranger, Bewitched, Sergeant Preston, Maude, Barney Miller, The Flying Nun, T.J. Hooker, Hart to Hart, Father Knows Best, Lassie, One Day at a Time, The Roy Rogers Show, Designing Women, Matlock... I think that's (mostly) the lineup for now... something for everyone.

I was bummed when DirecTV lost Esquire a few months back (so long to some wonderful marathons). I don't know, maybe they moved Esquire to a higher tier like DTV did with ESPN Classic, which we used to get but now we'd have to pay more for channels that were part of our package originally. This only encourages cord cutting, but it isn't easy if you have more than yourself to consider, or if high speed internet isn't available in your area. It would be some-what of an irony if you cancelled your DirecTV TV package as some sort of a quiet protest to only turn around and get satellite internet to stream your favorite TV shows from the internet - I believe DTV has aquired various satellite internet companies like Hughes, Wild Blue :shock:
MikeS

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: FETV

#2 Post by KingKC »

We have had FETV for a while and frequently it also airs that it is COZI TV. They must be connected some way. I do like the Oldies format.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: FETV

#3 Post by Steve »

We lost Esquire on Comcast a couple of weeks ago. According to wikipedia it stopped operation all together on June 28th. I liked Car Matchmaker and Best Bars in America among others...Too bad...........