Any Chance Any Twin Peaks Fans Out There?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

BWheelz54
Admiral

Any Chance Any Twin Peaks Fans Out There?

#1 Post by BWheelz54 »

I've returned to one of my favorite shows. Been watching Twin Peaks again on Hulu. I watched just snippets when it aired in '90 and '91 when I was a junior in high school. I watched it really for the first time about ten years ago, and I'm watching it again now to prepare for a new season coming back for the show on Showtime. The creators Lynch and Frost are both working on it, and most everyone is back from the original cast.

Anyway, I so love Twin Peaks. It's really weird, and strange, and well, different - sometimes in an uncomfortable way. But I love it.

Just curious to know if any of my forum friends might also be fans of the show. If so, is there anything specific about the show that really hooks you?

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Any Chance Any Twin Peaks Fans Out There?

#2 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

sometimes in an uncomfortable way.
So true!

I remember watching it the night it premiered when I was in the seventh grade. It was so bizarre. It seemed like something I shouldn't have been watching at that age so; of course, I kept watching! Plus, I thought it might raise my "cool factor" at school (it didn't, it just made me weird). Ha-ha! I still don't know what it was really about other than "who killed Laura Palmer?" I watched both seasons of it and never did know what the hell was going on. I even wondered back then if it was just some sort of weird experiment from a bunch of TV bosses to see how many people would watch utter nonsense. Didn't know they were doing a sequel, but I shouldn't be surprised. TV is all about the sequel these days.