Simon & Simon Marathon on Esquire - Today!

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Re: Simon & Simon Marathon on Esquire - Today!

#11 Post by Little Garwood »

MikeS wrote: Well, it was disappointing for me to learn the show started off in Florida, for a few episodes - San Diego, then, as usual winds up in L.A. - kinda sounds familiar - San Diego Chargers of Carson, the Englewood Bolts! I did enjoy the opening scenes of the early episodes, really cool. I had hoped for some more S&S but nothing after the 8 ep marathon. Oh, I'm a native too, born at El Cajon Valley Hospital.
To my knowledge, only the unaired 1978(!) pilot, Pirate's Key, was filmed in Florida. Segments of that pilot were later added to the season two two-part episode of the same name. Too bad the entire original "Pirate's Key" has never aired.

One thing I've always wondered: in the episodes where the Simons travel to (ostensibly) Mexico, were those episodes actually filmed there? Some of the town set pieces look like Universal properties but I suppose all those desert scenes were just California?
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#12 Post by marlboro »

It's funny, I never thought about it but S&S technically predated Magnum.

MikeS
Admiral

#13 Post by MikeS »

I just noticed another mini S&S marathon on Esquire today (on now)... tomorrow too, not sure when it started. The Dead Letter File is on now.

According to the DTV guide, best I can tell... Pacific times,

Today -- until 7PM
Thursday -- 4AM thru 12PM
MikeS

MikeS
Admiral

#14 Post by MikeS »

This was a fun marathon, really enjoyed "Emeralds..." with a bit of Higgins & Magnum, and of course Morgan. Today ended with "The Guessing Game" I think was the title with Kathleen Lloyd playing a psychic... looking forward to Thurs for a few more eps of S&S.

Oh, this week on Esquire is "The Stache Bash" with mustache-themed movies & tv shows, no mention of Magnum though=bummed.
MikeS