The Fall Guy

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

The Fall Guy

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I know there's a thread dedicated to the episode where Colt runs into Thomas Magnum, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one for The Fall Guy in general.

I used to watch this show when I was a kid back in the early '80s and have been revisiting some episodes recently as many full episodes are now on Youtube. It's a fun show and I can see why I liked it as a kid. They seemed to have 8 year old boys in mind for many shows back then...car chases, needless stunts, explosions, etc. Great fun. What is amazing though is that I don't even recall the character Jody from back in the day...now I don't notice anything but Jody! Heather Thomas was hands-down one of the hottest babes on TV.

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Fall Guy

#2 Post by Little Garwood »

Well I certainly noticed her back then! I may have a few years on you, though. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that the "meeting" Colt Seavers had was with Tom Selleck, and not Magnum. I also recall that the two don't appear in the same frame at any given time. :( :wink:

Heather Thomas. *Sigh* She's the great, forgotten beauty of 1980s TV. I remember a school chum of mine circa 1984-85 (eighth grade for me) had a poster of her above his bed. The poster where Heather Thomas is wearing a pink bikini:

Everyone remembers that "other" Heather, Locklear, but even then I thought that Heather Thomas was the clear winner back then. Locklear was merely cute. Heather Thomas, on the other hand, was a goddess. lol

As for the show itself, I recall NOT liking that Howie character, whose attempts at comedy were annoying. I don't remember any episodes offhand but I enjoyed the show (Tuesday nights?) and the fact that Colt was a stuntman *and* bounty hunter. No one could be any cooler than that (except a certain ex-Navy S.E.A.L., of course). Lee Majors managed to be iconic in three different shows in three different decades: The Big Valley; The Six Million Dollar Man; and The Fall Guy.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Little Garwood wrote:I'm pretty sure that the "meeting" Colt Seavers had was with Tom Selleck, and not Magnum.
Right. I've never actually seen the episode, but did see the clip a while back. I'll have to dig it up and watch. The acting in the fall guy is pretty wooden, but it's fun.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumILWU »

Just started watching a marathon on Decades TV! Heather Thomas looks great! Just saw a young Farrah Fawcett, pre hairdo! She looks so hot! Another fun show from the 80's!
"pickled egg please"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumILWU »

https://youtu.be/unOoc-HQOO4 Colt Seavers runs into Tom Selleck! This episode, License To Kill part two, is on tonight at 11 pm eastern/8pm pacific(part one on 10pm eastern/ 7pm pacific).
"pickled egg please"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

MagnumILWU wrote:https://youtu.be/unOoc-HQOO4 Colt Seavers runs into Tom Selleck! This episode, License To Kill part two, is on tonight at 11 pm eastern/8pm pacific(part one on 10pm eastern/ 7pm pacific).
Thanks for posting that link. I recall seeing it but never knew it was from an actual Fall Guy episode. I will be watching for it tonight.............Two great TV character names isn't it, Colt Seavers and Thomas Magnum. Think any writers would have the guts to come up with names like that anymore (well maybe Seth MacFarlane in a parody)

emenius
Commander

#7 Post by emenius »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:25 pm I know there's a thread dedicated to the episode where Colt runs into Thomas Magnum, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one for The Fall Guy in general.

I used to watch this show when I was a kid back in the early '80s and have been revisiting some episodes recently as many full episodes are now on Youtube. It's a fun show and I can see why I liked it as a kid. They seemed to have 8 year old boys in mind for many shows back then...car chases, needless stunts, explosions, etc. Great fun. What is amazing though is that I don't even recall the character Jody from back in the day...now I don't notice anything but Jody! Heather Thomas was hands-down one of the hottest babes on TV.

I loved this show when I was a kid in the 80's. I loved Lee Majors in it more then in The Six Million Dollar Man.

Ed