JAG

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Robert
Lieutenant

JAG

#1 Post by Robert »

An idea a co-worker had a few years back that I thought was awesome:

The JAG team has to represent a member of Magnum's SEAL team. The fact the same creative team made both shows, I can easily imaging what could have been the best Magnum crossover.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: JAG

#2 Post by KingKC »

I am really surprised there is only one comment about JAG. It was one of my favorite shows and I currently get to watch all the reruns on Heroes and Icons. I really did not like the first season with Tracy Needham as Meg Austin. Nor did I like the setting/scenario of each of those first season shows. Harm and Meg just happen to be on a Naval or Marine Corp base or ship to investigate something. There was almost nothing about law on those first shows. They did not have an office or a superior and seemed to work independently of everything and argue constantly. I am glad Catherine Bell took over and they made the show mostly, or at least more, about law and not investigations. But then again law shows like Perry Mason and Matlock were iconic and all they were were nothing other than murder investigations. Again, I will state that I think the supporting cast of this and many other shows was what made it as successful as it was. (Thank heaven for L A Law and The Practice) It did spin off NCIS which has proven to be even greater of a show.

MikeS
Admiral

#3 Post by MikeS »

I was surprised to see JAG is back on the air for the time being on WGN. There was a 2 day marathon of 6 or so eps per day over the 4th & 5th. It looks like WGN will run 2 or 3 eps per day starting Monday the 8th until all 10 seasons are replayed :D

I either forgot or never watched season one fully, JAG is very different without Mac, Adm. Chegwidden, Bud, Harriet, Sturgis, Jennifer, and so on. I think I like the direction it went with season 2 forward versus the way season one played out.

Kinda sad that Brumby has been gone for 16 years, I remember him from Mortal Kombat, I think I bought the DVD way back when.
MikeS

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Nikita70 »

I have all seasons on DVD. Awesome show, rarely do I watch 10 seasons of a show and don’t want it to end. This is one.

MikeS
Admiral

#5 Post by MikeS »

I should amend my previous post somewhat... WGN might be going in order but have skipped some eps. Bud and Harriet were on maybe a second serious date on Friday, by Monday they had a 6 month old baby they were showing to everyone.

Also, as expected WGN cuts the crap out of the episodes to make room for more adverts... I guess the networks know their time is coming to an end before everything we get will be streamed so they are making as much cash as possible from advertising, and the shows themselves are a necessary evil.
MikeS