Perry Mason

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MHTR
Vice Admiral

Perry Mason

#1 Post by MHTR »

I'm surprised that this show hasn't been mentioned before. I saw an episode a couple of weeks back that had Elisha Cook (Icepick, but I'm sure everybody already knows that) in it, "The Case of the Pint-sized Client."

This show is great to watch because, even though you knew Perry Mason would win, you'd be wondering how he'd pull it off, and who was the actual guilty party.

I have heard that there are a couple of episodes where he loses the case, but I've never come across them yet, if it is true.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Perry Mason

#2 Post by 308GUY »

I'm a fan.

Almost pulled the trigger on the whole series set from Amazon a couple times, but waiting for it to be the "daily special" one of these times.

Price usually drops to over 60% off when an item is the daily special.

Great show, good people in it. I believe it really set the stage for many shows that came after it.

*Guess I should stop posting now......this makes post#308! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

DogZy
Lieutenant

#3 Post by DogZy »

Very good show. It is run on Croatian national television, but in very unpopular time; 7am, eventhough there are reprises, I rarely watch it. But when I watched it one time; Perry Mason had a case on Hawaii where James Shigeta from Magnum P.I.was one of the characters. I cannot recall the name of the episode, but I know there were 2 female characters and it had something to do with the birds and family fortune/inheritance.
I googled James Shigeta Perry Mason and found this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0673440/ That is not that episode, though.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumILWU »

It has been on non-stop here in Portland OR, since the early 70's!
"pickled egg please"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

MHTR wrote:I'm surprised that this show hasn't been mentioned before. I saw an episode a couple of weeks back that had Elisha Cook (Icepick, but I'm sure everybody already knows that) in it, "The Case of the Pint-sized Client."

This show is great to watch because, even though you knew Perry Mason would win, you'd be wondering how he'd pull it off, and who was the actual guilty party.
I have heard that there are a couple of episodes where he loses the case, but I've never come across them yet, if it is true.
Hi MHTR,
Mason did lose two cases to Burger, "The Terrified Typist" and "The Deadly Verdict".
The Hallmark Channel reruns them in the early AM. They also filmed one color episode.
In the early episodes Mason breaks an amazing amount of laws, he should have been disbarred 20 times over. Arlene Martel recently passed away. She was a real beauty who got a huge amount of guesting roles because she disappeared into her characters and the public didnt recognise her from one role to another. Most famous as being "Spock's wife" on Star Trek. She appeared on Perry Mason as a beatnik chick and was so beguiling she stole the episode.

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by MHTR »

The actress that played Della Street, Barbara Hale, has died. I never knew she was the mother of the guy that starred in The Greatest American Hero.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumILWU »

MHTR wrote:The actress that played Della Street, Barbara Hale, has died. I never knew she was the mother of the guy that starred in The Greatest American Hero.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html
Willian Katt! Who played Paul Drake Jr, in a Perry Mason TV movie!
"pickled egg please"

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KingKC »

RIP Barbara. You were iconic.