Wiseguy

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Wiseguy

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

I love TV, and I love watching it! And "Wiseguy" is one of the shows I love! Vinnie Terranova is a great character, and Ken Wahl does a great job portraying him. The stories, the characters, and the guest stars; Ray Sharkey, Kevin Spacey, William Russ, Paul Winfield, so many to list! The regulars, McPike, Lifeguard, and his Ma. I have all the DVD's, and I also taped all the shows in the mid 90's off WGN, so they have the original music. The arc I like the most is,"White Supremacy", where he's back in his old neighborhood, fighting a hate group who have murdered his brother, Father Pete! And the episode I enjoy most is, "How Will They Remember Me?", where Ken Wahl portrays Vinnie's father, in a look back! Just a fantastic series!
"pickled egg please"

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

Re: Wiseguy

#2 Post by Stelth »

I used to love that show! I haven't seen it since it aired. Roger Lococco was my favorite character.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by terryfromkerry »

I watched this series in the late 80's and loved it. I was surprised and delighted to discover the series is now on youtube. So far I have only viewed the pilot (feature length) episode which was terrific. I am hooked all over again and intend to view the complete series. Ken Wahl made a Wiseguy tv movie in 1996. It does not have the edge the series had but fans will like it. He retired from acting after this film unfortunatly. Good to see Jonathan Banks is still going strong. He was great in Breaking Bad.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Day code, style section . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumILWU »

Agent 4587. They chose that agent number, because that's when they started filming the show: April 5, 1987!
"pickled egg please"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi MagnumILWU,

Nice bit of trivia ................ I did not know that. :D :magnum: :higgins:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumILWU »

Thanks, terryfromkerry! I believe I heard that from Ken Wahl himself. It was on one of the "Wiseguy" DVD sets, they came out with several years ago! He did comments on several episodes. My favorite episode is, "How Will They Remember Me". Where Ken plays his father, in a flashback!
"pickled egg please"

ConchRepublican

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumILWU wrote:Agent 4587. They chose that agent number, because that's when they started filming the show: April 5, 1987!
To quote Johnny Carson "I did not know that"
CoziTV Superfan spot

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MagnumILWU »

" Yeah! That's The Ticket"! Tommy Flanagan
"pickled egg please"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by MagnumILWU »

This weekend, Nov 5th and 6th, Decades TV has a Wiseguy marathon! Starting Saturday, 10:00 am pacific, 1:00 pm eastern, with the pilot! It will run all the way to Monday morning, 4:00 pacific, 7:00 eastern! Buy your USA Today for contact information!
"pickled egg please"

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Stelth »

I'm waiting for the midnight episode with Roger LoCocco.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MagnumILWU »

Stelth wrote:I'm waiting for the midnight episode with Roger LoCocco.
OK Buckwheat!(my computer has been down until today!)
"pickled egg please"

ConchRepublican

#13 Post by ConchRepublican »

I've been keeping an eye on this series for years, my sister is a huge fan and I wanted to get the set for her but the music copyright issues have really gummed up the works.

There's a set out there with the music replaced, but the Sonny finale is not complete if Nights in White Satin isn't playing . . . needless to say my sister was all over this over the weekend. :-)
CoziTV Superfan spot

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by MagnumILWU »

ConchRepublican wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this series for years, my sister is a huge fan and I wanted to get the set for her but the music copyright issues have really gummed up the works.

There's a set out there with the music replaced, but the Sonny finale is not complete if Nights in White Satin isn't playing . . . needless to say my sister was all over this over the weekend. :-)
So true! It ruins many episode! I tapped most of them off WGN in the late 90', with all the original music. The music they replace it with is horrible! Even Ken Wahl commented on it in the DVD releases!
"pickled egg please"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by MagnumILWU »

ConchRepublican wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this series for years, my sister is a huge fan and I wanted to get the set for her but the music copyright issues have really gummed up the works.

https://youtu.be/1Mv9Uy76fM0
"pickled egg please"