Game of Thrones (HBO)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Game of Thrones (HBO)

#1 Post by Seaver41 »

love this show. Can't ever get enough as they air only 10 episodes a season and have nearly 10 separate storylines they jump between......you never get enough of everything.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Agreed. It's awesome.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Great show, but this year they've really slowed down the pace. I guess they are going to drag it out and milk it for all its worth. It must cost a fortune to film where they do and the sets are incredible. I'm hearing the creator is working on a few other books that could keep the series going for quite sometime.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Seaver41 »

I was disappointed where they picked up this year........they left us at end of season 2 with an impending attack from the walkers........but we've not even seen them. I wish they would add beyond 10 episodes a season.

Styles Bitchley

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

My biggest complaint this year is the lack of Emilia Clarke nude scenes! She must have renegotiated her contract. :(
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

This past week's episode perfectly demonstrates one thing I like so much about this show. You're watching and then you're like...what the hell just happened? You just can't do that in TV land!! Obviously, they're based on novels and that's where the storyline comes from. But its so refreshing to watch a show where you absolutely cannot know what's going to happen in the next scene. No rules.

- J.Q.H.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by Jake »

What a wedding on last weeks show! I have been to a couple weddings where I felt like slashing my own throat, but man that was something! I have not read the books so it was all a shock to me. I have read several articles this week discussing the shocking episode and the reaction to it, and there are some hints that the Stark family does make a comeback down the road.....going to be interesting to see how that happens. Makes me want to get into reading the books as I hear the HBO show is following the books closely. Only one more episode this season too. If I could make more time to read I might try to get into the books in the offseason. I recently bought all of the walking dead books with the same intentions and haven't found the time to get started on them either.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

The wedding episode could've easily have been a season finale - WOW- Styles is spot on with.....what the hell just happened?! No character is safe in this series which keeps you guessing and keeps it real. Like I was saying before, this season was a bit slow, but boy did they make up for it in this episode! Can't wait for the finale!!! I think Arya will end up liking Dog down the road and she will be like Joan of Arc, taking on the cause.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by KENJI »

Just watching the Super Bowl (Go Hawks) and they announced that the Game of Thrones returns on April 06.

Styles Bitchley

#10 Post by Styles Bitchley »

KENJI wrote:Just watching the Super Bowl (Go Hawks) and they announced that the Game of Thrones returns on April 06.
Looking forward to this.

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KENJI »

The last episode was excellent....long live King Joffrey!!! :wink:

Styles Bitchley

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

This season picks up right where it left off last year. Doesn't miss a beat.

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by KENJI »

I agree Styles!
The only thing I hate is the show feels like a half hour.....time just flys and you can't believe the episode is already over, leaving you craving for more.

I found these links interesting......

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-rr ... thr-202330

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... f-thrones/

Styles Bitchley

#14 Post by Styles Bitchley »

KENJI wrote:I agree Styles!
The only thing I hate is the show feels like a half hour.....time just flys and you can't believe the episode is already over, leaving you craving for more.

I found these links interesting......

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-rr ... thr-202330

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... f-thrones/
Thanks for those Kenji. Maybe they can move to a more collaborative script writing process for the show, rather than waiting to adapt the novels.

I agree, the show feels like a half hour. Can't believe how quickly time passes.

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by KENJI »

Here is a good article for you Styles.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/george-r ... cle_105879

I can think of a few of the story lines that they could slow the pace down to buy more time, but due to the high production costs involved and a very short season they keep stuffing the episode with multiple stories. I'm not complaining as most episodes are excellent, but why not do two story lines in an episode instead of 3 or 4 to give George more time. HBO should be milking this series, so if they could get two more seasons, by dragging it out they should consider it......I know that I would watch. The real Game of Thrones is between HBO and King George....long live the King!