Any Walking Dead fans here?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Any Walking Dead fans here?

#11 Post by terryfromkerry »

ConchRepublican wrote:The mid season finale last night was wild!!!
Hey Conch ,

My wife is a huge Walking Dead fan. Horror for me is Bela Legosi / Dracula ( 1931) and Boris Karloff / Frankenstein (1931) and while I digress I loved Peter Boyle "putting on the ritz" in the Mel Brooks version.

I normally avoid horror films or tv series of that genre but my son had read the graphic novel of The Walking Dead and recommended we both watch it. I agreed to watch the pilot with my wife. She wanted to see it but would not view it alone. Being a loving and supportive hubby I said ok. I was thinking to myself I could close my eyes when the need arose.

However I was immediately hooked and we have followed the whole series. We are a little bit behind you in the US but saw the mid season finale last night . We were both blown away .......... it was EXCELLANT TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#12 Post by ConchRepublican »

terryfromkerry wrote:
Hey Conch ,

My wife is a huge Walking Dead fan. Horror for me is Bela Legosi / Dracula ( 1931) and Boris Karloff / Frankenstein (1931) and while I digress I loved Peter Boyle "putting on the ritz" in the Mel Brooks version.

I normally avoid horror films or tv series of that genre but my son had read the graphic novel of The Walking Dead and recommended we both watch it. I agreed to watch the pilot with my wife. She wanted to see it but would not view it alone. Being a loving and supportive hubby I said ok. I was thinking to myself I could close my eyes when the need arose.

However I was immediately hooked and we have followed the whole series. We are a little bit behind you in the US but saw the mid season finale last night . We were both blown away .......... it was EXCELLANT TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!
Glad you're enjoying it TfromK!

I wanted to see it the first season, but something came up (I think my DVR was full) and I missed it. Then the rave reviews started building. I'm not a Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead person, but I figured I should give this a shot, if only to support the comic book world. I caught a marathon weekend midway through season two and I was hooked!

My wife isn't as big a fan . . . the story she likes but the gore and horror side of it she could do without. that leaves me . . . alone . . . at night. With only my texting buddies to hold my hand. :-)

I thought the mid-season finale was outstanding. Many theories about what's to come, but I am in the camp Judith is alive and with Tyreese.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by terryfromkerry »

ConchRepublican wrote:
terryfromkerry wrote:
Hey Conch ,

Glad you're enjoying it TfromK!

I wanted to see it the first season, but something came up (I think my DVR was full) and I missed it. Then the rave reviews started building. I'm not a Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead person, but I figured I should give this a shot, if only to support the comic book world. I caught a marathon weekend midway through season two and I was hooked!

My wife isn't as big a fan . . . the story she likes but the gore and horror side of it she could do without. that leaves me . . . alone . . . at night. With only my texting buddies to hold my hand. :-)

I thought the mid-season finale was outstanding. Many theories about what's to come, but I am in the camp Judith is alive and with Tyreese.
My wife and I are hoping you are right and baby Judith is alive. Nollag Shona duit.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

terryfromkerry wrote: My wife and I are hoping you are right and baby Judith is alive. Nollag Shona duit.
Watch the episode again . . . when Judith is seen with the girls she's buckled in the carrier. When Rick and Carl find the bloody carrier, the buckles are undone. Zombies would have gone to town and not taken the time (or had the manual dexterity) to unbuckle their appetizer . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by terryfromkerry »

LOL well spotted .......... I 'll keep both eyes open in future.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

I'm up through the end of Season Three (thank you Netflix). The show is still holding up strong. Love the Governor character! The actor who plays him is fantastic. The season finale was great, although it wasn't quite as good as Season Two's ("Beside the Dying Fire").

"In this life now, you kill or you die. Or you die and you kill." Love that line!

Can't wait for Season Four!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican

#17 Post by ConchRepublican »

Time to bump this up with the new season beginning this Sunday . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#18 Post by ConchRepublican »

How good was last weeks episode? Rambo Carol!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Milton Collins »

I absolutely love the Walking Dead. I was happy to see last night's episode get action packed again, the last three have been REALLY slow lol! Great show though.