Here's my list of my favortie TV shows of all time.

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Here's my list of my favortie TV shows of all time.

#31 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi again Mike.

Love your list. Look out for a TV movie made in 2009 called " Skippy: Australia's First Superstar ". As a kid who grew up with Skippy its a really enjoyable behind the camera look at the series. It includes interviews with the original cast members. There are also some hilarious anecdotes on the difficulties of handling and filming the kangaroo in the outback. Let me know if you get to see it. :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#32 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Listed in chronological order:

Star Trek: The Original Series
Hawaii Five-O (original)
Rockford Files
The Brady Bunch
The Love Boat/Fantasy Island (combo)
Magnum P.I.
Simon & Simon
Hill Street Blues
The Equalizer
Twin Peaks
Batman: The Animated Series
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Freaks & Geeks
Firefly
The Wire
Dexter
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Archer
The Walking Dead
i was just thinking, looking at this thread, that I need to slide The Walking Dead in here somewhere.
The only show I watch in real time.

I also need to get around to seeing Firefly, I've heard so much good about it and I am a Whedon fan . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Terry from Kerry wrote:
Hi again Mike.
Love your list. Look out for a TV movie made in 2009 called " Skippy: Australia's First Superstar ". As a kid who grew up with Skippy its a really enjoyable behind the camera look at the series. It includes interviews with the original cast members. There are also some hilarious anecdotes on the difficulties of handling and filming the kangaroo in the outback. Let me know if you get to see it.

Hi Guys,
Terry, I looked up the movie you cited but if I understand it right, the DVD's that play in Europe and Australia don't work in America? Too bad, I really would have enjoyed a little trip back to my childhood.
Skippy was really well done and even got me my first kiss. We had an Australian American student for half a year in 4th grade - she was here to see relatives - and unlike the other Seppos, I knew a little about Australia from reading about it because Skippy inspired me to.
Not only the kids but the teacher refered to Jenny as an "Austrian".
She was so happy that at least someone knew where her home was(plus she was an avid Skippy fan because she was homesick) she started walking home with me and when some kids razzed me that she was my girl she said 'that's right' and kissed me on the mush for about a minute.
But that was the first and last time, even though I later paid Brian Moore 50 cents for a week to again tease us but I think Jenny suspected something as Brian was my sidekick of long standing, and if Brian is out there reading this I want my two bits back you bum.
I take it that on this thread we can be off topic - Magnum mania -so Terry, what do you think of one of my all time favorite movies, The Quiet Man. I do understand it's more a fable than remotely realistic but I bet it's been worth untold millions in tourist dollars for your economy.
That town it's set in, Cong, my God it is just beautiful. Probably paved over with a McDonalds on every corner now. Mike

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by terryfromkerry »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Hi Guys,
Terry, I looked up the movie you cited but if I understand it right, the DVD's that play in Europe and Australia don't work in America? Too bad, I really would have enjoyed a little trip back to my childhood.
Skippy was really well done and even got me my first kiss. We had an Australian American student for half a year in 4th grade - she was here to see relatives - and unlike the other Seppos, I knew a little about Australia from reading about it because Skippy inspired me to.
Not only the kids but the teacher refered to Jenny as an "Austrian".
She was so happy that at least someone knew where her home was(plus she was an avid Skippy fan because she was homesick) she started walking home with me and when some kids razzed me that she was my girl she said 'that's right' and kissed me on the mush for about a minute.
But that was the first and last time, even though I later paid Brian Moore 50 cents for a week to again tease us but I think Jenny suspected something as Brian was my sidekick of long standing, and if Brian is out there reading this I want my two bits back you bum.
I take it that on this thread we can be off topic - Magnum mania -so Terry, what do you think of one of my all time favorite movies, The Quiet Man. I do understand it's more a fable than remotely realistic but I bet it's been worth untold millions in tourist dollars for your economy.
That town it's set in, Cong, my God it is just beautiful. Probably paved over with a McDonalds on every corner now. Mike
Great romantic Skippy story Mike. Ah! the DVD region would be a problem. If you go onto YouTube and enter Skippy Australia's First Superstar in the search field you will get some clips and trailers which will give you a flavour of what the film is like.

I am ashamed to say I have not yet been to visit Cong. American friends of mine did visit and really enjoyed the experience. The cottage used for The Quiet Man has been restored as The Quiet Man Musuem with artifacts from the film. I watch the film every St Patrick's Day with a few cold cans of draft Guinness ( what else !) and enjoy the film thoroughly every single time. Maureen O'Hara is still alive and well. She was interviewed on Irish television's Late Late Show last year. Still a beautiful and elegant lady. She is also the inspiration for Newbridge Silver's Maureen O'Hara jewellry collection. She is still an icon here. :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#35 Post by marlboro »

Top Ten:

The Andy Griffith Show (First 5 seasons only)
Batman The Animated Series + Batman Beyond
Breaking Bad
Gunsmoke
Magnum PI
Seinfeld
The Simpsons (First 9 seasons)
Star Trek (TOS,TAS,TNG,DS9)
Twilight Zone
The Wild Wild West

Top 20:

Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Columbo
Futurama (first 4 seasons)
The Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Maverick (first two seasons)
Mystery Science Theater Three Thousand
The Rockford Files
SpongeBob SquarePants (The first three seasons are brilliant.)
The X Files

TBOU
Lieutenant

#36 Post by TBOU »

Similar to a lot of yours, but a few different (in no order):
Star Trek TOS
Magnum PI
The Wild, Wild West
The Rockford Files
Remington Steele
Batman - the 1990s animated one
Seinfeld
The Equalizer
Miami Vice
The Pretender - 1990s show

Honorable mention:
Cowboy Bebop
Dr Who - 10th doctor and before, eg Baker
Keeping Up Appearances
X files
The Rockford Files

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#37 Post by Pahonu »

TBOU wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:12 pm Similar to a lot of yours, but a few different (in no order):
Star Trek TOS
Magnum PI
The Wild, Wild West
The Rockford Files
Remington Steele
Seinfeld
The Equalizer
Miami Vice

Honorable mention:
Cowboy Bebop
Keeping Up Appearances
X files
The Rockford Files
I think The Rockford Files is subconsciously your favorite since it appears on both your favorite and honorable mention lists! :wink: It’s my all time favorite. :D

I used to watch reruns of The Wild, Wild West with my father as a child in the 70’s. It was a favorite of his and it hadn’t been too many years since it’s cancellation at that time. Every once in a while I‘ll catch an episode still.

I watched Keeping Up Appearances quite a few years ago and it was pretty hilarious. I haven’t seen it in a long time, but I still remember laughing quite hard at the “Riparian Entertainments” episode with the boating picnic.

TBOU
Lieutenant

#38 Post by TBOU »

Pahonu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:03 pm
TBOU wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:12 pm Similar to a lot of yours, but a few different (in no order):
Star Trek TOS
Magnum PI
The Wild, Wild West
The Rockford Files
Remington Steele
Seinfeld
The Equalizer
Miami Vice

Honorable mention:
Cowboy Bebop
Keeping Up Appearances
X files
The Rockford Files
I think The Rockford Files is subconsciously your favorite since it appears on both your favorite and honorable mention lists! :wink: It’s my all time favorite. :D

I used to watch reruns of The Wild, Wild West with my father as a child in the 70’s. It was a favorite of his and it hadn’t been too many years since it’s cancellation at that time. Every once in a while I‘ll catch an episode still.

I watched Keeping Up Appearances quite a few years ago and it was pretty hilarious. I haven’t seen it in a long time, but I still remember laughing quite hard at the “Riparian Entertainments” episode with the boating picnic.
Good catch lol, hard to beat a classic like that.

Wild Wild West is still a favorite, I keep thinking about getting the complete set of it.

litefoot
Rear Admiral

#39 Post by litefoot »

Pahonu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:03 pm I watched Keeping Up Appearances quite a few years ago and it was pretty hilarious. I haven’t seen it in a long time, but I still remember laughing quite hard at the “Riparian Entertainments” episode with the boating picnic.
Patricia Routledge and Judy Cornwell (Hyacinth and Daisy) are still around. 94 and 83 respectively!